JKim's Completed Builds (Restored..Again!)

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Re: JKim's Completed Builds (Restored)

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Good to see this tread restored JimK. Very inspirational work!
ImageImageImageImageImage
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Thanks for your well illustrated explanations, John. When it comes to fiddly work like mottling or marble coats, I always do the first shot out of the AB onto a card. So every time after I've cleaned the needle or did a blowout to get rid of a blotchy spray pattern, I had to lay down the model and grab that card. Your solution by using post-its straight on the model is so simple, it just bites me from behind. Thanks, that trick just wandered into my toolbox!
jkim wrote:I like to use Post-Its in the masked areas to test spray the patterns prior to shooting the model.
jkim wrote: The wavy finish on your 262A-1a/U3 turned out very well. I also liked the black basing you did but it pretty much disappeared under the wavy camo! And the little shroom on the base! :shoutout:
Much appreciated, thank you!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you so much for adding this project to your gallery. I actually pulled down copies of your work in progress before I found your Z-M Ta 152H-1 build. (Would you add the Z-M here? I know it is in another thread, but, wow, also the work on the engine from the build, seriously wow). I found this Me 262 Night Fighter build through research into Luftwaffe camo. I remember showing my buddy photos of your build and saying, "I want to be this good."
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Torben... sometimes I'll orient my Post-It so that I can start the airbrush stroke on the Post-It and continue it onto the model uninterrupted. It works well for things like stains from gun barrels and ammo chutes (if you choose to represent these). I'll also use Post-Its to mask rectangular panels and over decals. Very helpful, these Post-Its!

Bruce... you are kind. Too kind. I think my airbrushing took a big step forward when I started thinning my paints past the oft-recommended "like milk" consistency. It's not the only way to go of course but it has helped me get better results.
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Member's Gallery”