Some of my stuff

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Some of my stuff

Post by wjkunert »

Encore 1/48 F 102A. For some reason Encore included flaps. Delta wing aircraft can't have flaps. I worked on the F 102 as a radar fire control tech in Holland from 1960 to 1964. Some of the best years of my life.

1/72 F 101B. Worked on the 101B in Oregon after I returned from Holland. Got a ride in the back seat once and it was a real kick in the butt when both burners lit.

Tamiya 1/32 Corsair

Zoukei Mura 1/48 F 4J. A great kit for fit and finish of parts.

Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito FB VI painted in silver. Mosquitos serving in the south Pacific had a problem with heat loosening the glue joints. Silver paint kept the skin temps low enough to prevent glue loosening.

ZM 1/32 Ho 229 Nice kit. Everything fits and the two engines are very detailed.

ZM 1/32 P 51K. Typical ZM fit and very detailed cooling system.

Tamiya 1/32 F 6D Mustang photo recon.
Last edited by wjkunert on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
mustang1989

Re: Some of my stuff

Post by mustang1989 »

I really like all of those builds WJ. I've got the 1/32 ZM Ho229 in my stash and wished now I'd gotten the 1/48 scale version of it. I may have to do some trading on down the line when I'm ready to tackle one of those. I've heard (and seen) nothing but good things on the Tamiya Corsair. Beautiful looking kit from what I can see. Haven't seen anything on the ZM Mustangs yet but I can only imagine that they hold up to their good reputation. A 1/48 Phantom!! That's gotta be a big un and I simply cannot imagine one in 32nd scale.
I hear you on the best years of your life in aviation. I was a UH-1H Huey crewchief for 8-1/2 years. Best years of my life....hands down. Simple as that.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That's a very nice collection. I think that the two Century Series fighters are my favorite out of these builds. But they are all quite nice.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thank you for sharing your beautiful collection.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Stikpusher wrote:That's a very nice collection. I think that the two Century Series fighters are my favorite out of these builds. But they are all quite nice.
I'm very partial to the Century series of aircraft. I was a radar tech on 102's and 101B's and it's amazing what they accomplished with vacuum tube technology. The 102 and 101 carried nearly 2000 pounds of fire control radar equipment. Computing was all analog and the computing required to put an interceptor in position to fire a missile was extensive. I miss the good old days. It's amazing how big these aircraft were. a 1/48 101 or 102 is larger than a 1/32 Mustang.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice collection!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

These all look fantastic. I am also particular toward the two Century Series aircraft, especially the F-102. I was very good friends with the man who developed and built that plane as the Senior Project Development manager. He even got to go on a test flight in it to see how it performed. That is a story in itself, but the data he acquired on that flight helped him improve it even more.

Keep them coming man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

What a great looking collection! You really should show your Ho 229 to Bruce (Speedgraflex)!
Didn´t know you already have done a Zoukei-mura F-4J. Did I miss a WIP here on SPAM?
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

BEAUTIFUL!

Would you share more photos of your Horten? Your work looks amazing! Your paintwork is so clean and sharp on all of your builds. Thank you so much!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

speedgraflex wrote:BEAUTIFUL!

Would you share more photos of your Horten? Your work looks amazing! Your paintwork is so clean and sharp on all of your builds. Thank you so much!!
You should go to the zoukei mura website, http://zoukeimura.co.jp/en/ , and download theconstruction manual for the 1/32 Ho 229. The detail is really something. They even duplicate the compressor rotors inside the engine. It is a challenging, but fun, aircraft to build. The Horton was brush painted. I used Vallejo paints which brush quite well and don't leave brush marks. I'll try to take a few more pictures. You really should check out the manual. Manuals are available for all their aircraft on their website. The ZM Mustang I built has a super detailed engine and includes the piping back to the cooling radiators in the air scoop. It seems a shame to hide all that detailing but it's fun to build and I know it's there. Take a look at the 1/32 Do 335 manual. Two highly detailed engines. I think that may be my winter project.

Return to “Member's Gallery”