Tamiya 1/48 F 14A

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Tamiya 1/48 F 14A

Post by wjkunert »

This is my recently completed Tamiya 1/48 F 14A. Typical of Tamiya kits, everything fit perfectly. Decals were very good and there are lots of stencils. All in all an enjoyable build

Last edited by wjkunert on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
mostrich
Admin

Re: Tamiya 1/48 F 14A

Post by mostrich »

In the past few years aircraft modeling has been more and more influenced by all the weathering techniques out of the armor department. I practice many of them for myself, but to be honest it's kind of revealing to see a clean and proper show room build from time to time. Especially modern NATO jets are very well maintained.
So it's a realistic and very good looking model you made there! :shoutout:
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Thanks for the nice words. I basically build showroom stock - as they look when they come on line.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looks real good! And it's the real VF-84 Jolly Rogers and not the posers of VF-103. :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Really, how on earth do you guys produce such good looking finsihed kits in such a short time? All I can do is the open the box in months...
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Chances are you are not retired and have to worry about getting money for food, rent, and stuff like that. I worked for the better part of 50 years(including my 10 years in the military which was more fun than work) so I don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Somebody sends me money every month and I have lots of free time to pursue my hobbies. Your time will come. Be patient.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

wjkunert wrote:
Thomas_M wrote:Really, how on earth do you guys produce such good looking finsihed kits in such a short time? All I can do is the open the box in months...
Chances are you are not retired and have to worry about getting money for food, rent, and stuff like that. I worked for the better part of 50 years(including my 10 years in the military which was more fun than work) so I don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Somebody sends me money every month and I have lots of free time to pursue my hobbies. Your time will come. Be patient.
Less than three years to go for me... I am so looking forward to that day... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”