Mikey's Monovell P-40

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Mikey

Re: Mikey's Monovell P-40

Post by Mikey »

I wouldn't say top notch, but I am definitely improving. I appreciate the context in which it has been delivered though, so thank you!

MEDIC!! lol sorry. :giggles:

This place is fun! This is now my first destination when I grab my tablet. The atmosphere isn't as thick as FSM where I feel like I have to tip toe sometimes. I know why Gino hasn't logged in for months, I think. Just a few too many sensitive types over there. Not that it's a big problem, but you guys know, right? Throw out a simple comment and someone assumes you're starting a flame war?

Like that guy that tried starting a fight with Tom.

You guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about lol. Well, some of you do. :headslap:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, I know the atmosphere there all too well... not fun like it used to be.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Oh yes. Most if not all of us are very aware of :quotes: that other place :quotes: that you speak of. I'm personally banned from there. :giggles:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks for sharing pics of the cockpit! Scratchbuilding is a weakness of mind so it is inspirational and educational to see how others do it.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Medicman71 wrote:Oh yes. Most if not all of us are very aware of :quotes: that other place :quotes: that you speak of. I'm personally banned from there. :giggles:

Here... we're a step up from :quotes: that other place :quotes: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Mikey wrote:I wouldn't say top notch, but I am definitely improving. I appreciate the context in which it has been delivered though, so thank you!

MEDIC!! lol sorry. :giggles:

This place is fun! This is now my first destination when I grab my tablet. The atmosphere isn't as thick as FSM where I feel like I have to tip toe sometimes. I know why Gino hasn't logged in for months, I think. Just a few too many sensitive types over there. Not that it's a big problem, but you guys know, right? Throw out a simple comment and someone assumes you're starting a flame war?

Like that guy that tried starting a fight with Tom.

You guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about lol. Well, some of you do. :headslap:
Actually I don't. Feel free to PM me a link to see this. Over on :quotes:that other place:quotes: I only visit the OTS (One True Scale) Thread, Monogram Mafia Group Build Thread, Shipbuilders Group Build, Show Us your Monogram Build Thread, and a very select few others.

Meanwhile, keep up the excellent work over here. This is really looking good.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Really beautiful! The outdoor photography was wonderful—reminded me of my home town in Pennsylvania a bit, or my buddy's place in South Carolina or basically anywhere with trees, lol, not palm trees like here in Southern California. The first set of photos were taken on a bench, I take it? Or was that a plank? The second set were taken on a stump that was just perfect. Interesting how the American woods backdrop really suits the plane. I am not giving short shrift to your scratchbuilding skills, Mike. Impressive and well judged for the scale, too. I look forward to where you go next!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce, just get out of L.A. more often. There are lots of trees in So.Cal... Pine, oak, sycamore, eucalyptus, aspen... Joshua and juniper once you get on the desert side of the mountains... ya just need to know where to go and look.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”