Mikey's Monovell P-40

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Mikey

Mikey's Monovell P-40

Post by Mikey »

I completed this model for a group build contest on Genessis Models about a month ago. 95% orriginal parts usage with a lot of scratch building in the pit and some on the wheel bays. This is my favorite Aircraft and I am also in the process of building the new Airfix P-40B in the AVG markings.

The markings on this one are the classic 8th PG markings from the box. Based at Mitchell Field, NY. in 1940. I added the rudder stripes because I liked them on the Aircraft from that era although they were never present on this particular plane. In my opinion it just looks "cool". Lol

Well, without further ado, here are too many pictures;

Thanks for looking! :D
(If this is too many pictures let me know and I'll trim this post down.)
Last edited by Mikey on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stikpusher

Re: Mikey's Monovell P-40

Post by Stikpusher »

I'm glad to see you jumping in with both feet here! Your work on this classic kit is nothing less than top notch! Makes me want to finish up the sidelined one that I have sitting gathering dust... great job!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks, Stik! Good to see you're a moderator here!

I believe I've already commented at least one time previosly about you finishing that SoD build lol. And y'know what? I'd still love to see you do just that. :D

So do you think I'll fit in around here? Lol
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Can you believe it? I'm actually a mod here? Scary! Lol!

Yes I want to get that P-40 done. Yours is a tough act to follow.

And yes, you will definitely fit in around here. Were you recruited or did you stumble upon our styreniac asylum purely by chance?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Tom (BlackSheepTwoOneFour) sent me an invite. So I guess you could say I was recruited lol.

I've been checking out some of the work here. I must say, I am honored to be invited! Damn excelent stuff here! :bow:

And back on the subject of the shelf queen of yours, you could do better than my build and you know it lol.

And about that mod status, you know I'm one on Genesis, so yeah, they take all kinds, right?? Lol!! :whistle:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, we have some really top shelf modelers here. From both sides of the Atlantic. And a good lack of drama here compared to the other place. Tom did a favor for all of us to bring you here.

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nice work! You should fit right in....Welcome.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Welcome! What a beautiful introduction too! Great work on the P-40. It looks like a solid build and I really like the markings on it. Would love to see a blow-by-blow on your Airfix P-40B Flying Tiger!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Too many pictures, Mike? Never! Feel free to post as much of such great looking work as you want!
Got the new Airfix P-40 myself, too. Read about it in an Airfix modelling mag, and got caught on it. Some day, imagine, I even think to build it! Woohaa!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thank you all very much! This is definitely the warmest welcome I've ever received lol.

You guys would like to see what I've done with that Airfix P-40 huh? Well, okay, I'll get right on it. :)

Return to “Member's Gallery”