Tamiya 1/48 F 16C Block 32

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Tamiya 1/48 F 16C Block 32

Post by wjkunert »

Here are a few pictures of my recently completed F 16. It is an Arkansas ANG aircraft and was the squadron commander's aircraft in 2006. Paint is Tamiya rattle can and sprayed with a matt finish.

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Re: Tamiya 1/48 F 16C Block 32

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice clean build! :shoutout: As a squadron commander's mount should be!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Thanks Stik. I prefer planes that look like they just came out of paint. Tracking says your decals arrived today. Hope they suit your needs.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

They probably arrived after I left for work. I'll let you know on both counts!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The decals arrived yesterday. Thank you. I have multiple 1/48 F-16s in my stash, so they will come in handy. I'm thinking a CAANG Viper... :hmm: I need to do some research on those now.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

CONGRATULATIONS!

Bravo!

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

There is no ugly F-16! After all this years it´s still a fine looking aircraft! Your´s no exclusion!
I wonder if ANG aircraft carry full loads of live ammo? Aren´t these just for "training"? Sorry if this is a dumb question, as we don´t have such military here in Germany...
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Aside from stateside duties, ANG aircraft are deployed around the world flying combat missions as well. The protection of continental US and Hawaiian airspace is tasked out to the ANG. On 9/11 they were scrambled to shoot down aircraft that did not comply with the grounding orders. As well as fly combat air patrols over the capital and various major cities. Since the military downsized after the Cold War, the Air Guard is critical to providing various assets in all our areas of operations at home and overseas. The final operators and combat sorties of the F-4G Wild Weasels were flown by the Idaho ANG over Iraq.

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice build!!! And like Thomas said, there's no ugly Viper.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thanks for this info, Carlos! Very interesting!

Return to “Member's Gallery”