Meng 1/72 F 106A

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Meng 1/72 F 106A

Post by wjkunert »

Here are a few pictures of the Meng F 106A I built while waiting on my F 35 paint masks. The aircraft is from the New Jersey ANG and carries the M 61 Vulcan gun pod. These pods were regularly carried by the NJANG. The 106 was a very agile aircraft and it is considered that it could have held it's own in a dog fight. The 106, I believe, still holds the single engine speed record. Here is a link to a 13 minute YouTube video of a flight of 5 NJANG 106's showing the gun pod installed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXwP1c7AfKA

Last edited by wjkunert on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Re: Meng 1/72 F 106A

Post by Scruffy »

Very nice! That is one of my favorite schemes on the -106. I was fortunate to see their F-106's several times at the Pease AFB open house. I built one many years ago using the old Hasegawa kits, and now am getting ready to build a couple from the 1/48 Trumpeter kits. You did a great job on yours.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yup, she is a beauty indeed! I remember seeing the CAANG 106's at various air shows/open houses back before they were retired. A very elegant Delta.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's very smart indeed! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »