My Meng F 35A

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
wjkunert
Advanced Member

My Meng F 35A

Post by wjkunert »

Here are a few shots of my recently completed F 35A. It was brush painted with Mission Models Have Glass Grey, Light Ghost Grey, and Light Gull Grey and top coated with brushed Mission Models Semi Gloss clear coat. Next is a Hasegawa 1/48 F 22A(Uses a lot of the same paint as the F-35)

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Stikpusher

Re: My Meng F 35A

Post by Stikpusher »

Looks great WJ! That aircraft is starting to grow on me after seeing them for real a few times this year. A very nice clean build!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:that:

Great job! Fantastic usage of the brush! Congratulations!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That must be a very difficult scheme to paint, especially by brush. Looking good! :beau:
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

I used DNModels mask set($19) + $8 for wheel and canopy mask. It worked pretty well although were I to build another one I would probably opt for the Galaxy mask set. It costs $18 and includes wheel and canopy masks. It also includes masks for the tips of the exhaust which are supposed to be grey. This is my second Meng F 35A and I used Galaxy masks on the first on. It didn't turn out well due to some assembly mistakes I made but the paint masks worked very well. DNModels includes masks for the hard point mount areas on the bottom of the wing that Galaxy does not but overall I think I preferred the Galaxy masks. DNModels has lowered the price on their mask set to around $19 from about $26. May just be a sale.
I have a Hasegawa F 22A coming and trying to figure out the colors isn't easy. The government has apparently not published paint FS specifications for this aircraft.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking good. I know the feeling of trying to find the right colors. It can be an obsession. After spending a few days finding and testing the right colors for the JASDF Oceanic Camouflage scheme, I finally found the colors I’ve been looking for thru Plaza Japan website.
Last edited by BlackSheep214 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Looks fantastic! I have one of these started in 1/72 scale; I just need to paint it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice work!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Member's Gallery”