The survivors.

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

The survivors.

Post by scorpiomikey »

When we moved house about 18 months ago, most of my kits got damaged, and ive never gotten around to fixing them.

These 2 are the only survivors.

Tamiya 1:48 F4U-1D In RNZAF scheme.

Done with Tamiya rattle cans. The coral dust weathering was done by dry brushing titanium white oil paint on then wiping it off.
The Decals are Ventura Publications. A NZ company that produces some beautiful decals. (Find their stuff on hannants)

Tamiya 1:48 F-117A In Have Blue scheme.

Cant remember who did the decals, but theyre the skunk works ones. Ive never been keen on painting a kit its proper colours. So this was a bit of a whif.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: The survivors.

Post by KSaarni »

Only 2 !!?? Must have been painful, but you have them still, even if "wounded" ?

We are going to move within couple of months and I am already trying to figure out different ways to keep at least my best ones safe in that process...

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Everything I've seen says to move them yourself. Do not let movers handle them.

Mikey, nice stuff. Sorry for the others loss. Do you have the parts to fix them?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Most of them are pretty much intact (landing gear came off, prop broke off, small damage like that for most of them)

This is my collection pre move.

Not a huge collection, and i used the move to biff some i was unhappy with, so in total there are about 4 or 5 kits that need repairs.

The center peice to my display was this photo i took a few years ago. My dad put it in a matt and mounted it for a competition (It got an accepted, which is the lowest award given, but better than nothing)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Congrats. Neat picture.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice kits Mikey. Sorry to hear that the others were damaged.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I think most of us know how it hurts to see your treasures getting damaged in a move. But this loss also is an opportunity to restart building a collection again! Do it!
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I still have one kit to repair from my move 3 years ago..... moving is bad for models.

I like the suvivors!
ImageImageImageImageImage
dmminiatures
Master Member

Post by dmminiatures »

very sad to hear that Mikey. I will permanently move out next year with my family to a new city. already getting a hint of what will happen.
Monty / dmminiatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”