Portman Productions 2020

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Portman Productions 2020

Post by Stuart »

The decals are for one used in North Africa Carlos - all over desert camo. The base will be flocked with sand.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Very nice! The 8th Army had lots of great schemes over the years there.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I know it’s not North Africa, but it is a gorgeous original color photo of the same type of armored car in France from the Canadian Army.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is a great picture.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's really cool - it's a great looking armoured car.

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

portman wrote:As well as the Victor I'm building in the Jets GB, I've also made a little progress on the little Matchbox 1/76 Humber I was building - basic assembly and painting is done.

Should go well with the Desert Airforce Hurricane I just finished.

Cheers!
Memories, good memories seeing this tiny MB kit!
:wub:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks for the memories as well Stuart! That is so cool seeing this again. Nice work so far. I'll be looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Gents - I'm glad you approve!

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Just to lower the high standards of the site a bit - here's something I've been working over the last week, a couple of vintage Hurricane kits for a 'Classic Hurricane Kit' GB.

To go with my mk.IID I built earlier in the year, I'm going to build them in North Africa markings, hence the new acquired decals -

In the spirit of the GB I've built them pretty much OOB, the only addition has been a IP decal from an old ProModeler IP decal sheet.

Look at these interiors!

And here's where I am with them now (after about 2 hours work). Just waiting for a friend to send me a spare Vokes filter and D.H. prop for the mk.I and I'll get some paint on them.

Both have been a joy to build, I'd forgotten in fact how much I loved that old Airfix mk.I - I've built several in the past. The fit on on both was actually pretty good with hardly any filler needed at all.

If that wasn't enough classic for you, I've also got a Revell re-issue of the ancient FROG Blackburn Skua on the go as well - this kit dates from 1964 and was pretty poor by even those standards. So far I've had to replace the pilots and SB some internal detail so that A. Something can be seen through the clear parts, and B. The pilots can actually see over the sill. The next task is to scratch build a bomb recess and release arm (the Skua was a dive bomber) and some form of hook.

I've also done a bit more painting on the Humber,

Well that's all folks!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You are the Maddog of England! Nice work.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member's Gallery”