Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2020

Post by Stuart »

Modelcrazy wrote: Well you're no help.
:-D

I like the lying down idea, and the water, although it would look good if it was half buried in sand dune as well. I would imagine articulating the legs would be fun if it was on it's side, but worth the effort, especially if it was half submerged.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

That's exactly what was on my mind. The other would be a disabled leg but still standing while the head was looking up at X-wings or something. Since I don't have a clue how the legs are supposed to motivate I'm not sure I'd get it right.
I was going to do he sand dune idea but I'm better at water than sand, plus I could rust it (does the empire use iron in their armor ? :hmm:) and attach moss etc.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'm sure Iron is everywhere in the Empire!

Rusting in water would look superb, and a bit different from some of the other builds I've seen of damaged/abandoned SW subjects.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

portman wrote:That Spruance is looking awesome!
Modelcrazy wrote: the AT-ST has been opened and I'm thinking of ideas. :hmm: Either abandoned standing up due to damage or laying down totally destroyed. I know I want a water environment for the landscape. Lying or standing in shallow water so I can weather it a lot.
I was thinking of sand but I wouldn't be able to weather it like I wanted.
Either way would be cool!!!!
Why can’t you weather it in desert environment? Have a look at photos of tank wrecks in the desert. Aside from the rate of decay of the metal due to water, and potentially wave & marine growth action, the oxidation is pretty severe. Not to mention that the long term effects of desert sun and wind blown sand scouring those wrecks in the desert... I say go desert!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

:hmm:
I had a thought of using a heat gun, on cool, to blow the sand, or dirt, which ever I would use, into a dune. Spray the base with a glue and continue to build the dune rather than try to simulate it on my own. Yes, I have seen some major weathering on desert relics, plus being on some planet somewhere theirs no telling what the environmental conditions would do. Wet half of the "year", dry and dusty the other. Now theirs an idea, do both, lying in a dried pond with cracked soil. So many ideas, but I do need to start building it regardless. The contest is May 2nd. :whistle:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Jees! Give him new lungs and he goes and gets all model crazy!

:giggles:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That Spru-can is looking fantastic! Way to go on the water effects.

Well, there's some great ideas concerning the AT-ST. I'll throw another wrench in the works: How about a third submerged in boggy water leaning against a large cypress-type tree in a swamp? Think Endor meets Dagobah...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Mark. I did some serious reconstruction to the base thickness, IE took a hand saw to it. It fits far better in the frame now, not as tall. No pics of yet yet but I do need to complete the small boats and a few crew. Too rough for helo ops so the birds are in the pen and only lookouts are on the bridge.

Started on the superstructure on guns on the MO. The guns are not glued yet and I want to do a lot more to the super.
I'm thinking of converting the forward blisters into gun pods. Make hole, insert tube, sand tube even with pod, bingo, some sort of fusion pulse phaser or heavy sonic cannon. :giggles: I think I need to raise the super firing B turret a little.

Also, started on the AT-ST. I actually need to get this done fairly soon to make the May 2 deadline. Leg blown off and laying on it's side. The cab interior is about to get a primer of black. These Bandai kits are just outstanding. You can't mess them up and get something backward. The detail is unreal and the fit would make Tamiya blush. It's a true shame to destroy one.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Super work all around! I love the way that Space Battleship is coming together.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the AT-ST.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent progress man! Keep it coming!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Member's Gallery”