Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2021

Post by Medicman71 »

Yeah I've heard all about that mess, but thanks for the heads up.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

The Akagi finally done, time for a rest :sleep2:

Actually, I need to replace one ladder, which is ready for paint (two rungs were broken off and it didn't look right), but I glued the last guy last night. I will get better pictures before calling it completely done but for now, here's what I have.

I do wish I had a better background or knew more about Photo Shop type software when I take the money shots.

Aircraft maint crew with the planes. Some off duty guys watching the evolution. and AA gunners.

More maint crew, off duty sailors and aircrew completing briefing and bridge crew.

AA and off duty crew as well as sailors at the "big eyes"

These guys want to watch the take offs from the bow. All airplane geeks like me.

More AA and off duty crew.

And AA crew, off duty crew and maint crew from the port side

Get that last ladder on, put the case on her and put her in a safe place before transport to Vegas.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

This has to be one of the best builds I've ever had the privilege to watch built up. Incredible work. If it doesn't win at Nats, then the damn contest is rigged.
Mike

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nothing to add here. Stunning, amazing and all that. Simply wow.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks gentlemen. If the judges don't like it do to some gap they see of injection pin mark somewhere, then maybe it might get best of show. I'm not going to get any hopes up, the judges are people after all with biases an who must judge by the rules. It could be gold plated but if something isn't level or straight, it gets a ding.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, I wasn't going to mention it, but the dude, 3rd from the left on the port side...his zipper is open.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Oops, I guess I forgot that seam.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

LyleW wrote:
Modelcrazy wrote:Thanks gentlemen. If the judges don't like it do to some gap they see of injection pin mark somewhere, then maybe it might get best of show. I'm not going to get any hopes up, the judges are people after all with biases an who must judge by the rules. It could be gold plated but if something isn't level or straight, it gets a ding.
Well, I wasn't going to mention it, but the dude, 3rd from the left on the port side...his zipper is open.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mike

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote:
Modelcrazy wrote:Thanks gentlemen. If the judges don't like it do to some gap they see of injection pin mark somewhere, then maybe it might get best of show. I'm not going to get any hopes up, the judges are people after all with biases an who must judge by the rules. It could be gold plated but if something isn't level or straight, it gets a ding.
Leave it to Lyle to spy an open zipper on a Jap... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

We all need to see this one up close and in person. Perhaps a Road Tour? :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Member's Gallery”