Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2021

Post by Floki »

That's going to be a lot of sanding
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ask Lyle... gotta call the right man for the job. He's got lotsa tools for you to borrow. :whistle: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

OK, got 'er done. I've painted a black prime to check if anything still needs work. I looked pretty good when I put it down for the night but will check tonight. I'll wet sand it down to a nice finish before re-scribing. The nice thing about the Sunderland is it was plated like a ship, so the lines shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce.

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking good!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks guys.

I wet sanded with 2000 grit until all the seams were smooth. Next I need to rescribe and move on the the next steps. The canopy may pose an issue in fit as well. The scratches are also smooth.

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Looks great!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks guys. I worked on the panel lines over the weekend. but had to go back over a few areas. It will take a few night working on the fuse to get it where I want it.
The Takao has a small area of marring on the deck after I attached the deck to the hull. Some glue got under the tape I was using and destroyed the hatch pattern on the deck. Not sure how to remedy this :hmm: . It's a small area that's under the front of the starboard catapult. I may end up putting a tarp draped over the catapult or something. My original thought was to portray her at the second battle of Guadalcanal but there wouldn't have been anything like that during a battle. So I decided to just have her steaming at cruise speed. One idea is just to sand off the detail and add some PE deck (if someone makes it), or nothing at all. Still considering and thinking about it as I go.

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I completed the 02 and flight deck, added doors and ladders and filled the gaps. I also started the addition of the gauss cable. Aoshima gives you a rubber tree for these cables and you install them in pieces :hmm: I started installing them using CA. also here is a close up of the damaged deck :sad:

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

The Sunderland is becoming quite the bugger. I ordered some scribing tape to help me keep the panel lines straight.
On the Takao. I completed the gauss cable and mover to the funnels. While very detailed you know I just couldn't leave well enough alone so I ground out the plastic funnel caps, sanded the the hand holds, seams, everything and will replace them with PE an scratched bands. I also installed straws for tubing in the funnels. Were they there in the actual Takao? probably not, but they add interest I feel.

Now I need to check the seams and add everything back

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

splendid work. coming along quite nicely.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member's Gallery”