mostrich's workshop

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Floki
Elite Member

Re: mostrich's workshop of 2020

Post by Floki »

That's looking good
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Very nice! And rapid too! I can’t get over how quick some of you guys are building! :bow:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Agreed! I wish I could achieve that kind of speed! I need it for most of my builds!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Thank you!
The Tiger's being primed (Tamiya Red Oxide out of the rattle can) and subsequently received its base layer of 1944 Dunkelgelb (AK Real Colors). The phone sensor had a hell of a time capturing that tone. Needed to screw around with Photoshop a bit to pull it from grey to yellow.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Looking good! I really like using AK Real Colors paint it thins very nicely and can really build up very thin coats. I see you got the pioneer tools already on I find that extremely hard to paint them like that you have a trick for doing it easily?
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Norman
Advanced Member

Post by Norman »

Nice paint job.
Floki wrote:I see you got the pioneer tools already on I find that extremely hard to paint them like that you have a trick for doing it easily?
I always put a small piece of paper under it and paint them.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Norman wrote:Nice paint job.
Floki wrote:I see you got the pioneer tools already on I find that extremely hard to paint them like that you have a trick for doing it easily?
I always put a small piece of paper under it and paint them.
:writing: ... small piece of paper under tools.... simple, yet brilliant!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

A beautiful angle, and impeccably built, Torben. Truly. I love the airbrush color shots as well but this is really an impressive angle. Not only does this defy scale, your work is top! One day soon I would like to see a process series. Preferably with an Eduard Royal class kit!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That is a cracking build Torben, it's great to see you on the bench again!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Thank you, Gentleman! As always your thoughts and comments are most appreciated.
Yes, I'm going to paint them like Normen suggests. I think the Jagdtiger is a design that gives you the option to paint it all in glued position because of the plain surfaces and the overall tidy outfit. Won't do that on any other tank, though.

As some of you might know, I'm working in an Environmental Test Laboratory and one part of our business is to help suppliers qualify their products before they sell them to Airbus, Boeing or any other manufacturer. As a test engineer I witnessed the whole certification process of the A350, whose front fuselage section is getting build in my hometown. The kit was in my stash for a few years now and I think it was 2018 when the decals of my favourite airliner came in. Finnair was the first airline that started commercial flights with an A350 between Hamburg, Oslo, and New York and was the first A350 I saw in flesh. It's also a rather reluctant design and therefore more easy to build as a model.

I decided to fill all the clear parts with putty to achieve a perfectly smooth surface. Fit of the side windows was quite good, but the cockpit window part was more of a dicey fit with a huge step on the lower end. The decals show the windows black and I personally like that plain style.

All inner surfaces of the nacelles and the turbofan area were primed gloss black and coated with Alclad Stainless Steel. Don't mind the ejector pin marks, they won't be seen later.

Masking for the aluminum nozzle ring has already begun.

The most characteristic feature of the Rolls-Royce Trent turbofan engines is the shape of the turbine blades of the first compression stage. Revell did a good job shooting them. As you can imagine it was a PITA to cut them from the sprues.

That girl is huge even in 1/144. Luckily the fit between wings and fuselage is outstanding and the seam lines will be hidden later. So I can paint all the big sections seperately.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Member's Gallery”