Hairless Joe...

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Hairless Joe...

Post by Manny1943 »

Schilling's "Whack!!!" Hairless Joe P-47, one of his early mounts; rarely, if ever, modeled...Tamiya 1/72nd primarily OOB, with homemade decals and scratched canopy with side blisters...thanks to Vance for the cal assist and Fermis for the canopy:

BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Re: Hairless Joe...

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Cool! I never knew there where Thunderbolt variants with side blisters.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yep, the canopy blisters are a new one to me, too. Excellent work, Manny. Well done.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yay! Manny is posting his builds again! Beautiful little Jug there. Nice mug too ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sweet! I love it! I started a Tamiya 1/72 scale Jug before. I never quite got past the cockpit for some reason....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Beautiful build all around - happy to contribute to the final product. The final-final nose art, did you end up needing to double up the decals or not? A little hand-applied touchup there as well right?
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

VanceCrozier wrote:Beautiful build all around - happy to contribute to the final product. The final-final nose art, did you end up needing to double up the decals or not? A little hand-applied touchup there as well right?
I actually sanded the thick decal film down at the edges after application to help it blend into the finish...future is a great way to seal everything up...
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

very nice!!

i didnt know about the canopy blisters either, neato
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

CallSignOWL wrote:very nice!!

i didnt know about the canopy blisters either, neato

Da' real thing...second and third pics...the most often Schilling mount modeled is the one in the first pic...
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

These are both new to me. I am used to seeing this mount of his
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”