BS yamato's patio

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
BsYamato
Addicted Member

BS yamato's patio

Post by BsYamato »

As on another italin forum i'll call my gallery with the main place i take finished pictures :)
Will try to post all my works with older first , as i can remember :lol:
Lots of kits was destroyed, gifted or simply lost
As i actually paint with brushes, even older works are finished with brushes :D

works between 1989-1997

The two oldest survivors (not actually the P-40 .. revised recently by my nephew :P )

P-40 Matchbox 1/72
painted with normal hardware paints

all other works painted with humbrol or model master enamel paints, in some case xtracolor , molak.. but fewer than the two main brands

He-111 Matchbox 1/72
i think OOB

Mitsubishi Zero from matchbox 1/72, one of first attempt of modding . I'm sure builded in 1993 because i write on the base :)

Gloster gladiator matchbox 1/72
some minor adds, recently get the excellent new airfix

F-4F phantom Italeri 1/72, actually gifted to a friend
Some scratchbuilding here and white metal ejection seat from aeroclub

Tornado IDS italeri 1/72
Ejection seats from aeroclub too and lots of scratchbuilds

Mig-27 academy 1/72
Some minor scratcbuild added

F-111F academy 1/48, one of the only two 1/48 survived
Some scratchbuild added

HP victor, matchbox 1/72 , actually my largest plane finished
Some minor scratchbuild

E-2c Fujimi 1/72
Some minor scratchbuild, recently got another box in the japanese version of the box :)

F-6f Hellcat Academy 1/72
scratchbuild something

MB-339 aeroclub 1/72
My first short run kit.. it weight about a kg despite the little size :)
Obliviously the aeroclub included their ejection seats and other white metal parts

F-14a Tomcat academy 1/72
Superscale decals, aeroclub ejection seat , scratchbuilded a maintenane door with some apparatus and a bad finish with final matt coat that ruins the work :oops:

F-104s asa Hasegawa , one of most expensive kits i brought at the time, also was a new tool when i brought it :lol:
Lots of scratchbuilds

Fiat G-91Y Matchbox

Lots of scratchbuilded adds included the ladder and natural weathering by the dust

Buccaneer matchbox 1/72
Lots of scratchbuilds, and metal parts from aeroclub, seats, gears and refuelling probe. Decals from superscale , (first) desert storm raf planes

F-14a Tomcat italeri 1/48 the other 1/48 survivor
i think oob

Me-410 matchbox 1/72
Think OOB

Hs-129 italeri /72
OOB

At the next with more oldies :)
LyleW
Admin

Re: BS yamato's patio

Post by LyleW »

A very fine collection. I particularly like the view from the patio!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Nice to see these old models and the way your skills as a modeller developed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Most impressive! I have built almost every 1/72 scale aircraft kit that you have too and I love seeing how much better you did on yours. What great memories you've brought back for me. Way to go. Looking forward to seeing more!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Thanks for comments, it'a an opportunity for too to remember all these glued and painted pieces of plastic that make happy moments of my teenage period :)

Here more survivors, some older that the above ones, it's hard to place in the timeline ;)

Mig-17 from KP 1/72
he need at least some maintenance before to completely lost :(

Macchi Mc-72 Delta 2 1/72
This is a rare kit actually and wishing to get another one to build better . Painted with normal hardware paint

Mig-25 foxbat hasegawa 1/72
My first hasegawa.. after reads lots of magazine at the time that speak good words about hasegawa kits i thinked .. then how bad can be other brands that not have same good reviews of their kits :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some mods as the afterburner chamber made with two neon starters

A-6E intruder italeri 1/72 brought and builded when was a new tool, and actually i think the best choice to build an intruder in this scale (having the prowler in the stash but the mould seems have too many problems respect the italeri version of A-6)
Some minor adds and ejection seats from aeroclub (when i build these kits with these few aftermarket only aeroclub and airwaves produced these sets and other few things .. eduard & company with resin too not yet born :geek: )
Just lost the ladder :(

Su-27b italeri 1/72
Major improvement in the wells and gears, also brought the xtracolor set of colours :lol: :lol:

Some not fixed wing

The first two helicopter, a jolly green giant from lindberg (totally destroyed) and an Ah-1G from monogram (i think can restore it) missing at pictures, the others are these

Pah-2 from italeri 1/72
OOB , i brought this kit only with the idea to do a conversion as mangusta... my skill avoid this then just build and paint it :D

Ah-1T seacobra italeri 1/72
OOB i suspect

AH-1W supercobra italeri 1/72
OOB too? boh i can't remember :?

Uh-1(J?) italeri 1/72
Started in early 90 and basically finished at 99,9% for years and finally finished few years ago

Pave low III italeri 1/72
Lots of mods, the opened inspection door near the refuelling probe are in aluminium can :)
Decals handpainted because i lost the decals sheet :ugeek:

Mh-53E seadragon italeri 1/72
My favourite helicopters for years, the helicopters of HC-4 often performed passages on my city for years , fliyng from siginella base to... other places :lol:
Some minor adds and one of air filter scratchbuilded because lost one of original pieces :ugeek:
Thinkin to get another copy to build it better :) probably in japanese mrkings

The actually boss and the smaller copter.. (Not yet presented because are a recent build ;) )

Someone speak , don't remember if in this forum, that never see me build an helicopter :)

Here a recent family picture before to build other two helos... and lots again in the stash

Now some not related A/C or copter related kits, even between old works:

Y-wing from MPC , don't remember the scale
Some detail added
Also in the stash an old mpc X-wing and (if the owner don't bring back after more than 20 years that i have in my house..) a millenium falcon

The Great Old One, Chtulhu.. about 15 cm tall, unknow scale (if somoene measured the original one can't speak about.. probably you can find it at arkham asylum)
Scratchbuild with sculpting clay (das)

Major Motoko Kusanagi 90mm
From original manga of "ghost in the shell"
Scratchbuilded with milliput

Fantasy scene 75mm (or 54?.. my memory is gone..) scratchbuilded , the girl with milliput, the monster with cernit and basement with das clay

not yet finished with old things.. at the next ;)
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

A total of four ships i finished in my hobby life, one, the old revell enterprise carrier (cvn65) is out of order and painted with regular hardware and actually dismounted (i suspect was my first kit biuluded ..but not sure) , another , a bismark 1/600 or 1/700 i build for a friend and never took pictures of her :(

the only two i have to show:

Battleship Yamato. Hasegawa 1/450
Some improvement i did, rear crane scratchbuilded, railings with copper wires, funnel improvements and other things
Builded about 1993-94

Battleship Kirishima from fujimi 1/700 waterline series

OOB i suspect and a restore is needed :?

At the next with more :)
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

awesome collection
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Excellent work BsYamato!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I am always impressed by your models Yamato. Brush-painting skills like yours are amazing... bravo, bravo! And the beautiful scenery in the background doesn't hurt either. Great looking models always!
Gary
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Thanx for comments friend ;)
Waiting to upload other older works before to post more

Return to “Member's Gallery”