Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

That is quite the assembly line you have going on! Good on you for getting stuff done despite the downed mojo. What kit is the tow truck (for lack of better term)? Nice work on... well everything.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man you got a lot going! It's all looking great!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Excellent update Mark! As usual all sorts of goodies going on. This time mostly post WWII stuff, aside from the SMS Emden of course.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you guys for the awesome comments and compliments!

Declan it's been a fight so I'm thrilled with the progress I've made. The Diamond T Wrecker (tow truck) is from IBG. Normally the do excellent models but this one was a fiddly nightmare! Thank you again for the compliments.

Thanks you Mike! Just trying to keep everything fresh with the many diverse subjects.

Thank you Carlos! Yeah, on the Braille Scale Forums there seems to be a heavy drive and emphasis on WWII German vehicles and guns; in particular the Panther. I just thought I;d change things up a bit with them and post something completely different. Besides, I have a lot more post WWI models than WWII and earlier.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Excellent looking builds as ever Mark!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

:P1:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart and Johnny! I've been too busy to get to the bench this past week so I'm hoping to have some time this coming week.

Stay tuned!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I was on a roll for a while there and suddenly an avalanche of Life swept me away from my workbench for far longer than I wanted! I was starting to experience withdrawal symptoms! Fortunately, I got my fix and got the Manufacturing plant going again....

All aboard for this next tour, and remember to keep hands and feet inside the trams at all times...

Let's head over to the shipyards first

Since it's time to start the War at Sea Group Build, so I pulled out something quick and easy... so far:

You can see there's not much to this kit:

So I got a quick start on it, mostly doing all the subassemblies that I could:

I like how the gun turrets and torpedo launchers turn! I'll post this over on the Group Build Thread later....

In the next slipway, I have been slowly adding more photo-etch to the JMSDF ship Izumo. It's been a tough job, but fortunately I'm so very close to being done:

I've been slowly working my way around the flight deck, here is a closeup showing the bow:

And the stern:

I'll be posting this in the review Forums later, even though it is stupidly late...

That's what's happening in the shipyards, so now we move on. Since the hanger has been idle, we'll head over to the Motor Pool.

I've been going a bit slow on the British FV-432; only getting the suspension on right now:

I did get a couple more of the Russian Aerosans closer to being done. First I filled the most grievous gaps with some Mr. Surfacer 500 and sanded them down:

Then I shot white over them after masking the windshields:

They aren't perfect, but then again, they are for a game...

Later I detail painted one of them and added the two decals to it. This is almost done:

Since I was painting, I fired up the airbrush compressor and got started on all the vehicles that have been waiting for color.

First was the French AMX VCI APC. Here it is after the base coat:

Later I added a more medium French Army green to this in an attempt to modulate it:

It didn't work out like I'd hoped but I'm happy with it for now. I then shot a gloss coat on this and added the decals and painted the tracks a basecoat of black:

Next I brought out the M-ATV. I needed to add a clear green to the bulletproof windows all around. Since I lost my Tamiya Clear Green. I improvised with with a mix of Windsor Newton green and Mona Lisa Thinner. It didn't turn out like I hoped again, but it looks good enough from two feet away:

I added them on to the truck after they dried and later I masked them off for paint:

And then it got painted. I used a bottle of Testor's US Army Gulf War Sand color that I found in my collection of paints:

That's where I stopped on this after shooting a gloss clear on it. I moved on and shot a base coat of Olive Drab on my Italian B1T:

After a coat of gloss; I also added the decals to this:

Yes, there are decals on this; they are very small stencils... about ten of them. Here's proof I finished the decals on this:

Next up, my two Japanese Type 96 APCs which had been languishing for awhile as I got other models to the paint stage. I first shot a base coat of green on the two of them:

I only showed the one since they both look the same...

Next I masked them off with my Silly Putty to prepare for the second color:

Then I shot the second color:

...And then I removed the Silly Putty. Yes! They are ready for a clear coat and decals now:

Finally, I shot paint on my Israeli Centurion Sho't Kal Alef, starting with the green drab basecoat:

Later I shot the Israeli Armor Sand Grey over the top, modulating it as best I could:

Finally a gloss coat and decals, as well as some of the detail painting:

Well, it looks like I might actually finish a few of these before year end barring any additional avalanches... That would rock!

That ends this latest tour of Maddog Manufacturing. Thank you all for coming along on this ride; comments are always welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice batch of build updates Mark! You do indeed look to have several that you’ll get over the finish line by the New Year. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
As far as the landslide of work goes… we’ll, at least that helps to support this habit :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice builds Mark! But I don't see any aircraft......very sad. :ballbat:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Member's Gallery”