The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Here is what Scalemates has listed for 1/72 Canadian stuff...

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q ... 1:00072%22

Thanks Carlos! MY Canadian Air Force is well represented too. It's time to expand the army. Thanks for that list. I'll need to get a few of those as well as the Jbot decals. I did do the Husky at least; that was on the tables above.

Thanks Blacksheep. I said the same thing when I finished setting them out. :giggles:

Kevin I'd be thrilled to have you come up and see this collection. Depending on how things go, I might bring it out again when I break 900; or I'll wait until I reach 1000. I'll definitely need to rent a large van in that case.... Don't worry, you'll be notified well in advance, you have a few years till that happens.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Duke,

I am speechless of what I see !

I am... :-D

Amazing!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:shocked: Wow! That's just insane!!! And such incredible work too!

Oh and you need to work on the US Military some more. We should have more than anyone else! :ballbat:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote:Oh and you need to work on the US Military some more. We should have more than anyone else! :ballbat:
Oh yeah!

:ggun:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! I agree, this collection can take your breath away.

Thanks Medic! I guess I have to be a it insane to do this, especially since it's all in 1/72 scale. Many people have called my sanity into question due to that fact I only build in 1/72 scale! :giggles:

Medic and Carlos: having more US; I'm trying. However, the US has never had the number of variants that many other countries like Russia and Germany have done in WWII and more modern times. Besides I am bound by what the model companies make in my scale. Right now I'm struggling to find and get the Galaxy Models MRAPS and other related vehicles. Dragon only recently brought out variants of the Stryker which I need to save for; I'm still trying to find and get an Armory M-41 Walker Bulldog; and I'm still waiting for someone to release an M-47, an M-198, any Patton-based bridglelayer, a Sergeant York, any other M -113 variants like the Lancer and the Chapparell. None of those have ever been released in my scale. :headslap: Even after all that, there are still a number of more modern trucks that still need to be released, not to mention gun trucks that I'm having a hard time finding parts and base kits for. As it is, every company is too busy bringing out yet more WWII German vehicles or modern Russian ones so even if I do get these; the Russians and Germans will always have more than the US. Just think of it as a "target rich environment"! :giggles: :lashed:

Then there is the final factor: money. I have a hard enough time making enough to keep my supplies topped off, much less buy more kits. Most of my acquisitions are gotten from birthday money, Christmas money, or friends who gift me kits.

Right now, I want to expand my Canadians; they are far too few for the number of available kits out there to make Canadian vehicles. Same with Australians. I'd also love to expand my French and Italians but kits for their vehicle are few and far between.

Anyway, that was not meant to be a rant or anything else like it so please accept it as the explanation it was meant to be. Thank you all for commenting and stay tuned, I have more coming down the pike.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Wow! Mark, that is a truly massive and very impressive collection - I'm speechless!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart! You are so very kind. I was pretty speechless too while taking in the whole thing after setting it up. I kept thinking, 'wow these all look amazing on display'!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”