The Hive (restoration in progress)

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Re: The Hive

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Mo' pics from the Hive:

Condor 1/72 Heinkel He-178: first jet aircraft so an important piece of history. Altough made with steel molds (they say) it is kit should be treated like a short run kit. Instructions are very vague so check your references!

Heller 1/72 DeHaviland DH-89: old but nice kit, easy build, test fit twice, glue once then everthing will be ok.

Hobby Boss 1/72 MiG-3, easy build kit, I build this for the Weekend GB. I failed at building it in a weekend but in a week is still very fast for me.
Motteling was done with a green pencil.

*edit 2017: another MiG-3 by Hobbyboss. This time preshaded with Gunze and painted with Akan.

Mauve/Revell 1/48 Lippisch P.13: delightfull kit, very good fit, very simple. I did extend the intake with a tube so there would be no "see trough" effect. Painting done with Tamiya Acrylics.

Lastly the MiG Ye-66C, an aprils fool joke on another forum. The Bort number is the date, first of april 2008. It is a shortned Academy MiG-21F with a rocket booster made with a B-52 wing tank.

Last edited by BorgR3mc0 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

I like that Dragon Rapide. All of those are beautiful builds,sir.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

This time some non-avaition subjects from the Hive:

Robogear T-Rex and Locust: I picked up a couple of Robogear kits for next to nothing when a local toy store was selling them off at a discount. These kits are a bit crude but are the ulitmate AMS relief after a diffcult build.

1/144 Buster Gundam: entry level Gundam kit

AMT X-Wing, painted with Tamiya JN Grey, weathered with pastels.

Heller 1/43 McLaren F-1 car:

Diorama with a scratch build Mecha, all 1/72. The Mecha was build using spare parts such a He-177 and Mosquito landing gear, PZL P.23 slats, Tiger HOT missilles, 20mm gun from RAF rescue launch, sensors from a Cayuse, grating from a railway house.... and of course sprue... sprue is good for everything! Truck chassis is a Hasegawa GMC, soldiers are also Hasegawa. The tree is scratch, copper wire with Tipp-ex correction fluid.

Last edited by BorgR3mc0 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

That's awesome. I love those Robogear kits and that last diorama. Reminds me of Mechwarrior. I've always wanted a kit of a Mad Cat or an Atlas. I will have to look up that Robogear stuff.
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I played a lot of Mechwarrior 2, Mercenaries and Ghost Bear. So there is definetly some influence. I always likes the Mechwarrior designs, not to "over the top" like some of the giant Gundam cannons and laser swords. Unfortunately the Revell robogear kits have never been reissued so are quite hard to find. The only other options are miniatures made for war games.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Today some pics of my collection of gliders. Most are ols ZTS Plastyk kits, I picked them up at an airshow for € 1 a piece!

Here is what you get for €1 a box, very old kits but the plastic and decals are actuallt pretty good!

Bocian:

Jantar Standard:

Sep

Gil

Profiline Blanik, new tool kit, short run quality, take care with the cockpit assembly and use a spreader, then everything will fit.

Last edited by BorgR3mc0 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Neat and different subjects! Like them a lot.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

LyleW wrote:Neat and different subjects! Like them a lot.
Thanks, I like the variation in my collection. Gliders are not modelled that often but there are nice models outthere. And they do not have to be resin models that cost you an arm and a leg.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Some whiff in this update frmo the Hive. I like building whiff, they are relaxing and give me a canvas to try out new techniques. All are 1/72, made up from various parts, I will just leave you geussing!

Polish 1930's racer:

Racing variant of the P-26

FSW F-18L

Nameless fighter I build over 20 years ago:

Heinkel He-162 W (Wasser)

The XF-98, which I build in....1998

Lastly the steampunk plane I build on the earlier SPAM forum:

Last edited by BorgR3mc0 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well done, sir!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member's Gallery”