The importance of cleanliness: Declan's Bench

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: The importance of cleanliness: Declan's Bench

Post by keavdog »

Turned out nice. Glad to see you back
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man the car looks awesome! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Excellent stuff Declan, that looks great - & congrats on the move!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Declan! Good to hear from you again.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

It's been a second...

So I had posted back in June that I had moved again. I was active for a bit, then disappeared again. Well I moved again. But this time across multiple provinces, in a car packed with what I could take with me and the three other people and cat. To say it was fun wouldn't be a lie, but it came with it's costs. All of my stuff that I couldn't pack into my two bags now sits in a storage locker on the other side of the country.... That includes all my tools and modelling stuffs. :bored:

So yeah, I'm back and I hope to be more part of the forum again. I missed this place and all the people in it, I hope to speak to you all soon.

Thank you to Lyle, he got me back into my account (again). :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well look what the cat dragged in! Good to see you again Declan! Sounds like you had a bit of an adventure journey. You know that you can always start over and buy new hobby stuff for your new home. That's what I did when I joined the Army and I resumed the hobby after training.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Mr. Adventurer. The move sounds interesting. Glad you are well
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Stikpusher wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:36 pm Well look what the cat dragged in! Good to see you again Declan! Sounds like you had a bit of an adventure journey. You know that you can always start over and buy new hobby stuff for your new home. That's what I did when I joined the Army and I resumed the hobby after training.
Hi! Good to be back. I would love to buy new stuff, probably be better than some of the stuff I already have. Problem is the cost... Otherwise, I would.
tempestjohnny wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:22 am Mr. Adventurer. The move sounds interesting. Glad you are well
Thanks!
It was interesting...
Stikpusher wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:24 pm Image
Haha :giggles:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Last week, all of my belongings from the storage unit out of province arrived home. I now have all my model building supplies, so I cracked open an oldie to get started.

I had started this one as a painting test shot, and I hadn't spent much time looking into this specific ship in the show. Having appeared in one of my fave episodes of TNG, the Enterprise C was growing on me. I decided to change the paint scheme to be a little closer to the Enterprise B paint scheme to tie the lot of ships together more. The outspokenness of the enterprise C's flashy paint scheme looked a bit out of place with the more green color I had it in originally. The Enterprise D and Excelsior what it will be sitting next to, and both those ships have a large blue based scheme.

I have a lot of touch ups to cover over painting, so it's far from done. But the next step after the rectangles of different blue are done is clear coat. Then I'm going to paint the escape pod hatches white, and cleanup for over paint will be easier on a cleared surface. Then another clear and it's decals, then a flat clear. The glowing surfaces (nacelles, impulse engine and deflector dish) will be glossed by brush after flat coat.
Thanks for checking in

Return to “Member's Gallery”