John's movie models

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
jeaton01
Elite Member

John's movie models

Post by jeaton01 »

From the Raellic Systems web site, http://www.raellic.com/ , here is the theme of the movie I have been building the models for. Three F-15's are done, 2 Su-27's just need missiles and elevators installed.

"Matrix of Leadership" -- a seemingly ordinary guy becomes President of the United States and personally leads an air war. Co-written with Eimanne Zein, expected to film Fall 2021 using scale models and a green screen. Check out one of the models, professionally built by Golden Era Model:

The above airplane was originally finished as 84-019, but became F-15C 12000. Silly me, I thought the F-15E would be the VP's airplane. You know, with a back seater along. I will listen more closely next time and ignore my piloting instincts.

Pictures from my web site:
The F-15's are all Tamiya 1/32, the Su-27's are 1/32 Trumpeter. All are built to be supported on keystock mandrels that slide inside brass square tubing from the back of the models. A camera whose motion is controlled by a computer will move around the models and film them against a green screen.

91-0308, Lakenheath F-15E. Luckily the kit had these markings in the bunker buster version.

86-0176, F-15C. Also a Lakenheath airplane. These are the markings of the F-15C that crashed in the North Sea in 2020, flown by 1st Lt. Kenneth "Kage" Allen, who lost his life in the crash.

The third F-15, an F-15C, is done in fictional markings as might be worn by an F-15 flown by the Vice President in colors of the Presidential fleet. Purely my own design, which the movie maker thinks is just what he had in mind. This model and the other F-15C were done with markings other than stencils made in house as decals and masks. I figure if the Air Force can make up 26000 as the tail number for the VC-25, I can make up 12000 as the serial for this F-15C!

And the Su-27's as they wait the final steps.

Last edited by jeaton01 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: John's movie models

Post by keavdog »

That's extremely cool John! How fun will it be seeing your models in action. No more closing the hobby room door and whoooshing them around in the air by hand :giggles:
Nice job on the kits BTW
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

:P1:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:P1:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Wow!! Very impressive John, and so damned cool! :bow: :shoutout:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that's awesome!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow! I love it! Those are some massively incredible models! I'm looking forward to seeing this movie!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Cool!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds like fun! Do we have our own John Dykstra/ILM going on here now?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Stik, I hope not! I just wanna have fun!

Thanks for all the great comments, we'll see how this all works out. I'm building storage boxes for them now. My grandson has me down for some model building later this week too. Then there is the garage, putting in the gravel and sand fill for the slab now.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html

Return to “Member's Gallery”