Stuart's Folding Table...

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Stuart's Folding Table...

Post by Stuart »

I know this is the Gallery section, but as this seems to be the place to put our work in progress threads (I blame Mark) I might as well put this here with all the others (until Lyle surprises us by moving them all the the workbench forum :-D )

So one of the outcomes of re-decorating the whole house this year, in preparation of selling it next year, is that we've turned the dining room back into a dining room, rather than the office/modelling/storage/ room it had become. The upshot of this is I've not only moved my home-office, but I've also lost my modelling workspace and a space to put my large worktray thing.

Not to be deterred, I've dug out my little Humbrol workstation, got a snazzy new red cutting mat for it, and bought myself a folding table to sit it on - so it can all be stored away when needed.

This is my my new office area...

And this is my new table - small yes, but I've become pretty accustomed to modelling small spaces in the last few years, it's much bigger than in the backseat of the car!

I also have this flat storage tub thing, that can sit on the table under the workstation, and is big enough to hold all my main bits and bobs.

All the rest of my stuff is in the garage, which isn't too bad as its linked to the house and is just a short walk through the kitchen. I still have my storage drawers...

And this cupboard...

Overall though I quite like it here, yes I don't have a lot of room but my office is now in the centre of the house, between the living room and the kitchen, so I get to see everybody, rather than being closed off away by myself.

This is the view on the table today - just doing some decalling on the hurricane and trying out some Mig Panel Line Wash around the main lines. It's the first time I've used it but it doesn't seem too bad, I'm not keen on it being enamel though and have ordered a Tamiya panel liner to see how that goes.

Did you notice the snazzy red cutting mat?

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Re: Stuart's Folding Table...

Post by LyleW »

That mat is the bee’s knees! This space looks to be quite functional, unlike me. Well done.

I won’t move anything.......

Until I do.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Tight but functional. I used to do something similar back when I was in my 20s. Had a work surface like that and an old tube caddy with all my paints & stuff in it. I was just happy to build :)
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

As long as you do not build something that will overwhelm that work space, you’ll be doing fine. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice setup! You gotta work with what ya got.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:That mat is the bee’s knees! This space looks to be quite functional, unlike me. Well done.

I won’t move anything.......

Until I do.
lol! Glad you like the mat - it's red!
keavdog wrote:Tight but functional. I used to do something similar back when I was in my 20s. Had a work surface like that and an old tube caddy with all my paints & stuff in it. I was just happy to build :)
Thanks! That's where I am now, I'm just happy to have a space to build!
Stikpusher wrote:As long as you do not build something that will overwhelm that work space, you’ll be doing fine. :wink:
Thanks Carlos. I can probably build most things on here, even if I can to loose the workstation and just throw down my A3 cutting mat on the table. The main issue I'll have is where to put a big box o' sprues... :hmm:
Medicman71 wrote:Nice setup! You gotta work with what ya got.
Thanks Mike, that's very true.

On that note I've not had much time over the past few days, but I have added a few more decals today.

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Looking good Stuart!

I'm no that familiar with all the different RAF Hurricanes, but it looks quite special with those smaller roundels.

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Kari!

This a very early battle of France era Hurricane with the two blade prop. Early war, RAF roundals went through a strange period of being non-standard and a bit unit specific.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I had a really bout of insomnia tonight, couldn't get to sleep so at 3am I came down and got on with some work on the Hurricane and Zero.

Both are 99% decaled, just some Microsol and some trimming to do, and a couple of small decals to go on Zero's uc doors after I paint them.

I've been decaling the Hurricane for a few days and finished it off, the Zero I've just done in one sitting. I'll let it dry before I microsol it.

I've also painted the Hurricane's prop.

Cheers.... (still not tired yet - it's 5:33....)

jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

You may have to adjust your slogan, Stuart.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html

Return to “Member's Gallery”