2021 Builds and a review.

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
LyleW
Admin

2021 Builds and a review.

Post by LyleW »

As we all are, we are our own worst critics. I remain in awe of the skills on this forum and wish I were able to be better at it. I don't know why this year was so sketchy in terms of patience, getting better, less haphazard outcomes, but it seems that it was for me. Of these eight that were finished, there is not one I am happy with. Oh, the Bonanza died a horrible death and is now officially in the trash. the new decals kept tearing on me. So, the next couple of days will be spent cleaning and trying to make some sense of the mess that is my Piddle Palace, enjoying the work of my friends, and so on.

For 2022, I wish better health, continued good health, as much bench time as you can manage, many completed builds, but mostly I hope to still call you all friends in the coming year, too!

Here is the eight that were completed in 2021 (in no particular order):

Airfix 1/48 P-51

Tamiya 1/48 A6M5 Zero

Somebody's 1/48 F-16

Ancient Revell F-102...from a dear friend.

Another ancient kit, Hawker Hurricane...

Atlantis Nautilus

Revell 1/48 H-34 Choctaw

AMT/Round 2 1/25 40' Freuhauf trailer

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: 2021 Builds and a review.

Post by keavdog »

Nice years work Lyle. The trailer is super fun
Thanks,
John
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

They all look really good to me Lyle!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Very nice collection of builds Lyle! Great output for the year and nice variety of subjects, :shoutout:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

They look great Lyle! And hey, you did way more than I have!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Lyle, I think you're being too hard on these. They all look terrific, far better than you make them out to be. That also a very respectable count as well.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

They all look good to me Lyle. Personally I really like the H-34 and the SPAM trailer. :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Those are all nice, my favorite of them is perhaps also the H-34 but almost as good is the SPAM trailer!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Lyle, you sell yourself too short! That mustang really takes my fancy, and the rest of them are amazing. You should take pride in the fact that you finished them, despite them not all going the way you wanted.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you kindly, gentlemen! I am hard on myself, but that’s how it is. Seems like it is always something. But, we shall carry on !!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member's Gallery”