Stikpusher 2021, Pass in Review

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Stikpusher 2021, Pass in Review

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sensational li9ne up of brilliant masterpieces Carlos! I am always overwhelmed at how well you detail out everything and make it look so real.

As for a car; if you don't want to worry about a shiny paint job, you could always build an Army staff car... :hmm:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Stikpusher wrote: Not really a car modeler, so not sure when I would take on one of those… :hmm:
You should do one for the Cherry Popper GB!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Awesome work Carlos :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!
BlackSheep214 wrote:Didn’t you do another Patton tank with the colorful Tiger on the front this year?
Tom, I built that other M46 Patton in the tiger scheme in 2020. The next US "tiger" tank that I would like to build would be a M4A3E8.
KSaarni wrote:Well done Carlos, all of them very high quality builds!

The Sophwit Camel is a really great build. We don't see so much of WW1 planes on our SPAM.

- Kari
Kari, we sure don't see many WWI types turning up on SPAM. They can be quite a challenge, especially regarding rigging, depending upon the kit.
BorgR3mc0 wrote:Great builds Carlos! I can imagine it feels good to finish some kits from the “shelf of doom”.
Remco, it feels really good to complete some shelf queens! That makes four since the move!
Duke Maddog wrote:Sensational li9ne up of brilliant masterpieces Carlos! I am always overwhelmed at how well you detail out everything and make it look so real.

As for a car; if you don't want to worry about a shiny paint job, you could always build an Army staff car... :hmm:
Mark, a staff car would work... :hmm: I have built plenty of jeeps... do those count? :giggles:
Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:You should do one for the Cherry Popper GB!
Well, I have built a handful of cars in the 50+ years that I have been building models, so cars in general don't really qualify for me.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Excellent collection of builds! The Patton engine detail is something special. All the best for 2022!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you sir! Blame the engine work on Mustang Joe and my finding the M47 Tech Manual online... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Quite an impressive lineup, Carlos. And if I dare say so, your painting and weathering game improved noticable.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Incredible work, Carlos! Question—was this finished in 2021?

Maybe it was partially completed a year before than finished this year?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Torben and Bruce, thank you.

Torben, my only real new weathering technique that I'm doing more of is black basing. And that's only on some of my builds.

No Bruce, that LVT I built when it was a new release kit, around 2000/2001 or so. One of those buy it and build it kits. I just never took any photos of it until recently. One of many builds from that era that I'm working on photographing.

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Another great year of builds Stik. The MiG-21/J-7 at the end of the year was awesome

Return to “Member's Gallery”