Scruffy's 2021

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Scruffy's 2021

Post by Scruffy »

2021 was not my best year, I managed two finished builds compared to 5 for the past 3 or 4 years. We had a lot of stuff going on, many outdoor projects over the summer and fall. We were also caring for my mother who had Alzheimer's. Early in the fall my wife moved into my mother's house to provide round the clock care and in October my mother passed away. The rest of the fall has been spent taking care of the estate matters etc. I am hopefully optimistic that I might finish more builds this year. Also on the agenda is a major reorganization and spruce up of my hobby area, so we'll see how things go!

Wishing everyone a happy, health, and productive 2022......model on!!
LyleW
Admin

Re: Scruffy's 2021

Post by LyleW »

Those look great!

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My wife’s mother passed away from the same thing several years ago. Ugly disease.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

With those sorts of events in your life, it’s no wonder that your benchtime was curtailed. You and your wife have a LOT on your plate to deal with. Caregiving for elderly parents and dealing with the aftermath when they die is extremely time consuming. Sometimes we’re lucky to get a few minutes now and then in the middle of all that to help take the edge off of a day.

At least you did complete two builds this past year, and they both look great. A bit of Sci Fi and Real Space for a nice pair of bookends. This coming year I’m sure that you can top them. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Nice work scruffy, and not just the models. I've taken care of two people with dementia in my home and it is a 24 hour task most of the time. Why we have this setup where convalescent warehouses get $10,000 per month to "care" for the elderly and willing relatives get nothing is beyond me.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Sorry to hear of your family issues. But two kits done is better than none at all. Well done, Scruffy! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Both kits are beautifully done
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

It sounds like it was a difficult year but good to see that you found some time to deliver two excellent builds. Even in trying times you should try to relax, modelling can be a great stress release.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Scruffy, I commend you on your service to your mother; it is a real difficulty and definitely an understandable reason for the small count.

However, I do have to say that both models are Out of this World! :giggles: :lashed:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Love the TIE fighter!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Condolences go out and prayers lifted on hearing the news about your mother bud.

I do have to say on the modeling front that you managed two fantastic looking builds. Is that the Revell Tie Fighter?

Return to “Member's Gallery”