Airfix 1:24 Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Re: Airfix 1:24 Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b

Post by Manny1943 »

James H wrote:Manny, kit goes together very well, but you constantly need to be checking a few stages ahead with stuff, especially around mounting the engine to the framework, and sitting the frame in the lower wing. That will all have an effect on how well the cowls fit. That latter bit is possibly the most contentious, but patience needs to be the order of the day.
Thanks for the info...I think Fermis did the 72nd version a while back w/ the same markings, but I have read that there is some debate as to werther or not the shark's mouth was in greys or had color...I personally like the color in it, regardless...Very nice build...

I have the 72nd kit and it looks cherry in the box so I suspect this kit is equally impressive.
James H

Post by James H »

Manny1943 wrote:
James H wrote:Manny, kit goes together very well, but you constantly need to be checking a few stages ahead with stuff, especially around mounting the engine to the framework, and sitting the frame in the lower wing. That will all have an effect on how well the cowls fit. That latter bit is possibly the most contentious, but patience needs to be the order of the day.
Thanks for the info...I think Fermis did the 72nd version a while back w/ the same markings, but I have read that there is some debate as to werther or not the shark's mouth was in greys or had color...I personally like the color in it, regardless...Very nice build...

I have the 72nd kit and it looks cherry in the box so I suspect this kit is equally impressive.
Seriously, give this kit a try. It's a lesson in patience, more than anything. My next will have invasion stripes!
Tomane Couto

Post by Tomane Couto »

Hi James :)

GREAT JOB :bow:

Just got mine two weeks ago and... your exceptional work gave me the inspiration to start with it :)
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Last edited by Thomas_M on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editedt Youtube link - Thomas_M

Return to “Member's Gallery”