Some of my creations

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
lawman56
Advanced Member

Some of my creations

Post by lawman56 »

After talking with a friend the other night, I thought I might post a few of my dios/completed builds. These I still have on display in my garage. I've built quite a few more that were commissioned by various individuals and military units here at Ft. Bragg. Ask any questions you'd like about anything you see. I'm more than happy and willing to share my thought process, techniques, ideas, materials, etc... :D

As you can probably tell, my photography skills are lacking, but considering I took them all with my phone, I'm not too disappointed.

Raining Fire And Brimstone

Shortcut At Cassino

Saved By Blind Faith

Waiting-France 1940

Falcon At Rest

Una Freccia In Libia

A Brief Respite

The Calm Before The Storm

Thanks for looking!
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Re: Some of my creations

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Nice diorama's Lawman! I especially like the first one, with the howitzer.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Amazing. it has always intrigued me how they can go from zero to 200 mph in a split second when the action starts.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Great ones!
What I like on them is that they all kinda tell a story. Don´t worry on the phone pics: I recently did lots of them during a show and they are just fine!
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

Thanks guys.

I'll try to post more pics of the howitzer as I can. It seems to be a favorite, not just here, but with my "closet modelers" at work. (yes, I'm trying to get them to join), I plan to post the pics here and explain that they need to join to see them. :twisted:

Lyle, if you ever get a chance to go to either Ft. Campbell or Ft. Knox, especially Knox, since both are in "Can-tuck-ee", do it. Most installations have an open house type of day where they demonstrate various pieces of equipment. Although you won't see any large SP artillery, the concept of rapid fire is well demonstrated. As Stik can attest to, here on Bragg, on the 4th of July, the Arty boys line up some 105 howitzers and fire off blanks for a salute to each state and territory flag, as well as accompany the 1812 overture. Absolutely amazing to watch the crews at work!

Thomas, thanks. I try to tell as much of a story as I can with just the action. The title is to help draw attention to the action, or lack of. Personally, I like a title that either requires the viewer to think, or look closely to see what it references. "Saved By Blind Faith" is probably one of my favorites. Not only do you get the impression that they were saved by Providence, but the name of the M706 is "Blind Faith". I just love subtleties!

And lastly, I'm usually pretty decent with my phone, but in this case, none of my lighting wanted to work right. My garage lights were too dim. My flash too stark and the sun was going in and out of cloud cover. Oh well. I'm a modeller, not a photographer! :tongue:

I'm in the process of driving myself bonkers with all the PE for my Dragon Sd.Kfz. 250/1. Provided I don't go completely insane soon, I'll be posting some WIP pics.
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Very nice ones Lawman,

and my favorite is also the howitzer! It has very much "drive" in it, really instantly captured the moment when the last shell will destroy the target the crew is shooting at. And the radio-man on the ground is like the dot on the i. The dio just has that "something". I think the fact it has been taken with a phone-camera, it brings more reality in the setup. Slightly pale colours gives that authentic feeling in it.
I like it vrey much, yes I do!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Lawman56, I've flown into Ft. Campbell with the CAP several times. Had lunch with an astronaut there, too! It is a fair drive from Louisville, but i'll keep an eye out. Ft. Knox is no longer the armor training center. Some genius moved it to Benning, I think. They also completely gutted the museum if the web site is any indication. A shame.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member's Gallery”