Stik's Ramp- update 8/21, page 5

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stikpusher

Stik's Ramp- update 8/21, page 5

Post by Stikpusher »

Well this is my ramp space of completed aircraft builds dating back some 27 years for the oldest builds. I decided to standardize in 1/48, but occasionally dabble in 1/32. I started taking digital photos of my models 10 years ago with those kits I was building while deployed in the Balkans and would not be bringing home with me... Some of these builds no longer exist having been damaged, or purged in moves over the past few years. I will try to go back to the beginning as best I can, but can not quite guarantee true chronological order...
starting with my chopper's first...

The Landing Zone

1/48 Monogram Huey Hog (damaged in 1993 earthquake and salvaged/rebuilt)

1/48 Monogram Hind E (damaged in 1993 earthquake and salvaged/rebuilt)

1/48 Academy UH-60A (damaged in 1993 earthquake and salvaged/rebuilt)

1/48 Monogram AH-1S STEP III/AH-1F

1/48 Monogram AH-64A

1/48 Fujimi AH-1S STEP II/AH-1E

1/48 Italeri OH-58A

1/35 Revell H-13
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Stik's Ramp

Post by KSaarni »

Great collection of choppers there Stik !

Which one is your favorite one ?

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Kari. My favorite is probably the MASH H-13, but I do love that old Blackhawk too. I need to build a newer better kit of that to commemorate my rides in them. I also have a 1/48 UH-1D Slick that is not quite finished to add here... I still need to get the door guns on...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Nice line of builds! I remember the Hind, having build mine just as it got available in Germany. We still had the "Iron Curtain" on our borders so I was excited to build a chopper that was so far unknown to me being produced by an American company!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Very nice! You are one talented pusher of stiks. I have a couple of those whirly gigs in my stash. Keep thinking they may be next, someday, maybe...who knows.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!
Thomas, my first visit to your land was as a 19 year old Private in 1984 when the Cold War was at a serious point (or so I have come to unerstand in hindsight reading). The Hind D and the T-72 were the boogeyman to us in US Army ground forces with all sorts of dangerous reputations. Like you, I was quite delighted to finally see the beast kitted in my favorite 1/48 scale by Monogram. While my fear of the Hind is long gone for obvious reasons, I still have a deep respect for that awesome machine.

Lyle, have a go at those 'copters in your stash. No collection of aircraft should be devoid of them! :rules: :stirpot:

I'll get some more wingy things on this thread in the near future here... stay tun :book: ed

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

My oldest surviving fixed wing aircraft builds that lasted long enough to my digital camera age... not necessarily in order... these were all built between late 1988 and late 1993
1/48 Monogram F-105G Thunderchief Wild Weasel

1/48 Monogram A-1 Skyraider

1/48 Monogram F-15A Eagle

1/48 Revell F-4E Phantom II

1/48 Testors/Fujimi F-14A Tomcat

1/48 Revell A-6E TRAM Intruder

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Continuing down my model memory lane trip... these prop jobs were built in the mid to late 90's on and displayed on top of my dresser for a long time and as such suffered damage from a particular housecat who though that my dresser top was an outstanding perch from which he could watch the world go by,,, snapping off antenna masts and pitot tubes for the carpet monster in the process... :Bur2:

1/48 Monogram B-17G

1/48 Monogram P-38J

1/48 Hobbycraft LA-7

1/48 Tamiya A6M2 (the interaction between the Testors rattle can gloss & ddull coats and the Micro Set/Micro Sol is quite evident)

1/48 Monogram P-47D

1/48 AMT/Ertl P-40K

1/48 Monogram Ju-87D

1/48 Monogram Me-262A

1/48 Hobbycraft P-36A

1/48 Hasegawa Ki-27

1/48 Hobbycraft F4U-1

1/48 ICM Yak-7

1/48 Accurate Miniatures IL-2

1/48 Academy Spitfire Mk. XIVc

1/48 Tamiya D-520

1/48 Monogram P-51B

more to come...

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

These are the rest of my fast movers from that same era, 1994-2004

1/48 Monogram F-80C (my first use of metalizers on the entire exterior)

1/48 Esci Mig-27

1/48 Esci A-7D

1/48 Monogram F/A-18A

1/48 Monogram AV-8B

1/48 Monogram F-16A (w/Missing Link Models tail parapack)

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Man, those Monogram kits made my world back then by being a pure pleasure to build them. Still have a B-17, two B-29, among other, in my stash. Not going to build them because of our cat is a good excuse, eh? :wink:

Return to “Member's Gallery”