Stik's Motor Pool- updated 2/4/24, pg.7

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stikpusher

Re: Stik's Motor Pool- updated 1/24/19, page 5

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. I have started repairing the German vehicles damaged in the mishap, and photographing the other 1994-2004 German builds. And some of my Western Allies WWII stuff..
I have found today that the morning sun works better for lighting due to the angle... and some new photo editing controls on my phone... things are getting better... of course these are still all from my pre online/pre IPMS years, so my techniques just kinda were... :whistle: The basic airbrushing was fine, but minimal weathering... no gloss and dull coats for decals, so now many are disintegrating from age. Pulling away from the model surface. It’s funny, because on aircraft, I had long before been following those steps.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I took these snaps on a restaurant table. The lighting was not ideal but manageable. I used auto settings on an iPhone. In edit, I chose a vivid photo filter and followed that with increases in exposure and contrast. In my opinion, getting a good background—white, grey or blue—is the critical component. A viewer forgives shadows or light balance, but will criticize background choice.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’ll have to try editing from “vivid”. I have been using “original” as my starting point on my last few today. Hopefully you guys will like the next batches of photos.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Your photos look good. Have you tried setting up outside?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, in indirect sunlight of course. I just don’t want to move these things up and down the stairs, in and out of the house if I do not have to do so. I need to get me some new poster boards and other background items.

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:Your photos look good.
:P1:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Kari. Considering the age of these builds, I’m not getting too into it.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

...of course these are still all from my pre online/pre IPMS years, so my techniques just kinda were... :whistle: The basic airbrushing was fine, but minimal weathering... no gloss and dull coats for decals, so now many are disintegrating from age.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Hey, you should see some of my earliest models! Man, even your older work here far outshines them.

I'm still trying to work out the photo issues in my Hobby Room as well.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. Save one, all of my oldest works shown here have at least been repainted since 1988...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Cool! Good to know. I've only weathered some of my older ones using an airbrush to spray 'dust' on them. Other than that, I never repainted anything.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Member's Gallery”