Maddog Manufacturing 2015 Factory is Open

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Maddog Manufacturing 2015 Factory is Open

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay people, it is a new year now and time to start another Maddog Manufacturing Thread to showcase the works I'll be doing this coming year. Since I haven't gotten anything done yet this year (seeing how it's only the first day!) I'm going to post pics of all the models I did not get done in 2014. These will be the models I focus on this year in general and this January in particular.

Here they are in no particular order. Let's start with this:

Heller 1/72 scale DC-6 Super Cloudmaster:

I have a few more decals to apply to this beastie, as well as touch up a couple areas where they didn't work out the way I hoped they would.

1/72 scale Frog Gloster Meteor. This will be bare metal finish:

Revell Snap-tite Pirate Ship I snapped together over my vacation, along with the sails I plan on putting on the masts. Maybe after that I just might rig it!

Another boat; this one is the ancient Airfix RAF Rescue Boat in 1/72 scale. It was a Distressed Kit I got from my IPMS Distressed Kit Auction so it had been 'slightly started'.

Trumpeter 1/72 scale F-35:

Here's some pics of the 1/72 scale Williams Brothers C-46:

1/72 scale Dragon Saturn V Rocket. Yep, you saw that right: 1/72 scale!

1/72 scale Airfix Vicker's Valiant:

Next is a 1/32 scale Tigershark I was challenged to build a few years ago for a New Years Challenge. This January, my IPMS club's theme is "Go Big" so I'm working to finally finish this since it's been on the bench for far too long:

Something different from my favorite American legend, the Polar Lights Legend of Sleepy Hollow: the Headless Horseman.

1/72 scale Hobby Boss Easy Build F-86 Sabre jet:

1/72 scale Hasegawa Australian F-111 Aardvark:

Hasegawa Iranian F-4 Phantom:

1/72 scale Revell of Germany Swedish Leopard II:

1/72 scale ACE British Forlite Staff Car:

1/72 scale RPM FT-17 that is going to sit in the back of the Mack truck I just finished. There's 11 pieces on this little assembly and this is just the basic hull:

1/72 scale Opel Bus W-39 Late:

1/72 scale Roden Strassenzepp bus:

Yeah, that's quite a lot to do. You can see that many of these are simply waiting for decals. Others need a second or third color of paint, and some just need some serious elbow grease. These are all the models I shall be really focusing on and hopefully get done as quick as possible. I may eventually start a few more models in the next month or so, but I want to get as many of these done as I can first.

Okay, the Factory Doors for Maddog Manufacturing are now open for 2015. Stay tuned for more as I get production up and running again this year! And as always, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2015 Factory is Open

Post by BsYamato »

Signed in to not lost updates ;)
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sounds good Silvio! Updates will probably commence later this week.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Oh man that DC-6 looks good!
Hope you will be able to finalise that (and the Saturn V :-) ) still this year!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! I'm hoping that DC-6 does get done. We'll see. I'm fairly certain the Saturn V will be finished this year. I want that and the 1/72 scale Space Shuttle to be in Ohio at the IPMS USA Nationals this year.

Thanks again for stopping in.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Dang!...A.D.D. much???!!! :outtahere:
NO slackin again this year, Duke!!! ;)
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I'm telling you guys, I don't know when he sleeps...
And even some non 1/72 stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing the F-5E in a few weeks. It looks like your almost there! That headless horseman looks great too!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Fermis wrote:Dang!...A.D.D. much???!!! :outtahere:
NO slackin again this year, Duke!!! ;)
No ADD here. I build a variety because it keeps everything else fresh and helps me see issues easier that I may have missed earlier. Not planning on slackin' this year my friend! I'm just hoping Life cooperates this time. :chair:

Yeah Carlos, I have a few odd-scale things going now. The F-5E was a gift someone sent me for the New Year Challenge at the IPMS OC back in 2013 or so. Now that we have the "Think Big" Theme coming up, it's the perfect excuse for me to finish it.

As for the Headless Horseman, well that is my favorite American Legend, so when I saw that kit of it; I just had to get it and build it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Happy New Year everyone, and it is now about two weeks into the New Year. This will be a small update but I now have some decent progress to show, so without further ado; here is how I started the new year.

I resolved to finish at least eight of the unfinished models from 2013 and 2014. At least six are now extremely close to the finish line. With that being said, here is the work I did on the two buses I had hoped to finish last year.

This first bus got the suspension done and then the interior was added to the top. I later snapped the top part of the bus to it. Here it was ready for clearcoat and decals; you an barely see the suspension underneath:

This is where it is now; all decaled up and ready for dullcoat, wheels and weathering:

I also added the suspension to the bottom of the Strassenzepp bus interior:

Afterward, I painted the dash up. I was trying to make it look like wood paneling with chrome trim around the instruments; not that it'll be visible once this bus is closed up:

Last, I added then front fenders to this bus:

I wanted to add the windows so I could finish this bus up, but I some how lost the clear acetate that came with it which contained the window outlines on it. So now this bus has gotten a whole lot more difficult to finish now.

Next I decided to paint the Forlite staff car. It got a full coat of green drab and is almost ready for me to add the windows and close it up:

That's Silly Putty inside masking the interior detail from the airbrush, in case you were wondering...

Finally, I tried to make some progress on my FT-17. I built up the drive and idler wheels first:

They were easy!

Then I had to put together all the small roadwheels. I cut off half of them (three at a time) and carefully cemented them to the other halves that were still on the sprues. You can see how small these are compared to the Exacto Blade:

And these were the larger ones! I had already done the smaller ones; only losing one small one that I didn't even bother to look for. I'll deal with that issue when I come to it later.

After that, I had enough!

Moving on to my aircraft, I decided to apply some decals. I only had enough time at Hobby Day to get two aircraft done of the three that I had brought to do.

The first one was my F-86, done up as Major Jabara's plane:

Next I did my Australian Aardvark that had been sitting on my workbench since 2013:

Now these two are ready for a final clear/dullcoat and finishing up. I can't wait to get them done.

The day before Hobby Day, I had some time to work on my 1/32 scale Tigershark. Here it is with the final set of Silly Putty Masking on it:

Then I shot the final color on this:

When I got home from Hobby Day on Saturday, I had some time to go in and remove all the masking off this plane. I think it's looking pretty good:

You can see I also fixed the wingtip missile rail......again. Hopefully it stays fixed now; I'm tired of dealing with it.

Now all I have to do is paint the black nose on it and the metallic wrap around the exhausts, then I can clearcoat this and decal it.

That's about it for now. I have a few days coming up where I can get more done so hopefully soon I'll be able to post some finished models. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”