Karis builds 2014 - 2015

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
KSaarni
Elite Member

Karis builds 2014 - 2015

Post by KSaarni »

Hi all,

I follow Dukes footsteps and show more or a less all projects I started in 2014 and that I hope I will even finalise in 2015... Not all of them, but some...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 2014 started with an old Airfix Saab Draken kit.. An old one, those old "silverish" plastic sprues, brought back memories from the late 70's when I made my first kits... Well, I did not really come longer than what is in the picture... Fuselage glued and that is more or a less it.. Pending in other words.. Still planning to make a simple Finnish Air Force Saab Draken.. one day... Though, have Hasegawas duo-pack in my stash, so probably poor Airfix will become MIA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My next build, that actually is pretty ready but waiting for some detailing / weathering / decals, is Trumpeters 1/72 Il-28 Beagle. I even ordered AM decals with Finnish markings.. Surprise... This kit I will definitely finalise, I just need to localise it in some of all our unpacked moving boxes that are still somewhere hidden somewhere.

----------------------------------

After the Beagle I jumped on another jet from the 50's onwards, Hobby Crafts 1/48 de Havilland Vampire. I had read the kit was poor, but actually it was not that bad at all.. Perhaps missing details etc, but all in all good quality. I came so far with this build that I sprayed the first layer of primer.. And that is it so far, waiting for next steps.. For this Vampire I have as well AM decals, so I will finalise this for sure this year. Only problem is that all the landing gears and other small stuff is still MIA after the move. :-(

------------------------------------------------------------

I had found some extremely cheap vacu form kits from an expo i visited and almost started to build one... This is supposed to be a Fokker T.VIII-W by Vac Wings ( I guess, as no manuals or so was included). I cut off one piece before I packed it nicely back in the transparent plastic bag.. But one day, yes, one day it will come out of the bag...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to 1/72 scale and to a really nice classic plane from the 20's, Revells 1/72 Junkers F13W. A very nice kit, similar plastic as the Saab Draken, radiates late 70's plastic... However, when starting to concentrate on the floats, I more or a less gave up and put the build on hold. Had not enough with patience to try to glue them correctly... Hopefully this kit will still see a future as I really like the small Junkers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then came my "public" WIP project, the Eduards 1/48 Grumman Hellcat as a drone. Not so much about that, there is somewhere still the thread but the build was never finalised. A little bit pity, but it is what it is sometimes.

------------------------------------------------

The small 1/72 Folland T.1 Gnat by Airfix was more or a less a weekend project. We rented a small cottage for couple of days, and I had to have something to do during the evening.. so I brought this small kit along with some colour etc with me. Pretty easy and well made kit, but I never finalised it.. And will not either... I don't even know where it is to be honest... But, it's more the good memories around this Gnat that makes this build a little bit more special.
v----------------------------------------------------------------

Jumping into armour and to Revells 1/72 T-72 tank. A really nice build, much more detailed and complicated than I ever thought.. What you see in the picture is how far it has come, a layer of green primer.. and that's about it. Pending and will be finalised soon, just found the missing tiny decals..

--------------------------------------------------------

Fokker D.VII 1/48 by Eduard was my next project.. For some reason I stopped with this but planning still to finalise it. Again AM decals waiting.. Pretty nice kit to build and actually should continue with that.

As a big fan of 109's, of course I had to buy Eduards new G-6, regardless of the errors it had. Unfortunately, during the build, we started the bloody moving process and that caused I could not really continue making it at all. So what you see is the state it is in at this moment.. in some box, somewhere in a pile of other boxes.. Will dig it out one day
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then almost 6 months of silence due to the move
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My last project that started 2014 and will continue and will be finalised is of course Eduards wonderful 1/48 Mig-21 Bis. More details in a dedicated WIP thread, have not though had too much time lately to make any improvments there, but will of course

That's all folks, thank you having the patience reading this far ... Hope 2015 will have more "happy endings" ... :-)

- Kari
Last edited by KSaarni on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Karis builds 2014 - 2015

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well done Kari. I know how it feels to have Life intervene and keep you from finishing so many models. Most of the ones in my manufacturing 2015 Thread are like that. Here's hoping you and I both have a more productive new year.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thanks Duke!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Sometimes one finishes very little in a year. I think I have about five build that is started but still have to finish. The oldest are more then ten years old.....

At least you did build something, got to spend time on the hobby and will probably finish a lot next year.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Member's Gallery”