Spruefest 2022, final post.

Tell us about upcoming shows, contests and events. If you participate and get some recognition, tell us about it! Show pictures are welcome.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Spruefest 2022, final post.

Post by Duke Maddog »

I have tried numerous times to bring back thew Spruefest 2022 thread so I could post this last segment, but I keep getting a 500 Error, Gateway failure message So, here is the final post that should be there.

Here are the interesting Sci-Fi subjects that were entered. This first one was very cool:

This one lights up:

Interesting Warhammer diorama:

And of course, you can't have Sci-Fi without Star Wars!

The Mandalorian...

...and his replacement ship:

Finally Best of Show overall is this four-foot-long Blockade Runner fully scratchbuilt:

Now I'll show some ships, subs and a couple figures and dioramas that caught my eye:

Please scroll down for the rest of the pictures. - Torben
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: Spruefest 2022, final post.

Post by Stikpusher »

Great photos Mark! :shoutout: Looks like it was an awesome show. And of course there is Brookhurst next door to satisfy your hobby appetites :whistle:
I don’t know what happened to the other thread. For some reason your image host site and this site do not seem to get along well.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Carlos.It was a fantastic show. Yeah, it was great having Brookhurst right next door; unfortunately, I barely had any money to spend so I acquired some more glue, sanding sticks and putty.I didn't think my photo hosting site had any problems; I've never had any issues in the past with it. They've always got along great before. I just think there were too many pics in one thread so they stopped loading and clogged the gateway or something like that. Oh well, at least we have these here.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Great pics and the show looks like fun was had
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Johnny! It was a very fun show!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Some really nice builds! I've always wanted one of those Robotech: Macross jets.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Mike! Those Robo-tech.Macross fighters are definitely different.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Torben wrote:Please try to avoid more than 20 pics per post. The forum software can't handle it for some reason. We're working on the software update at the moment. Here's the second part of Duke's post:
Best Ship and Theme Award: 1/350 scale USS Langley:

This one is hilarious!

Anime Wonder Woman... interesting...

Go Navy!

And that completes this showing from the Brookhurst Hobbies Spruefest 2022.....finally!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Torbin. I didn't think linking from another Gallery online would be affected by the 20-pic limitation. I guess I'm going to have to go back to cutting my posts in two, like I used to do on the Alliance before they increased the pic count to about 45.

No worries, I don't see myself going to any more shows until Orangecon. Gonna miss San Diego this year because I'm booked to chaperone a party at the Knights of Columbus Hall whee Hobby Day is held. It pays so.....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Shows, Contests and Recogition”