OC IPMS Meetings

Tell us about upcoming shows, contests and events. If you participate and get some recognition, tell us about it! Show pictures are welcome.
Stikpusher

OC IPMS Meetings

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, aka Duke Maddog suggested that I start this thread here, so this is the first installment. Unfortunately he suggested it towards the end of the evening when things were winding down and I only had photos of his models.

So here are Mark’s builds that he brought to show off

and my sole entry... I made up a base for my P-40...

No joy for either one of us...

Next meeting I’ll do much better on photos....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: OC IPMS Meetings

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks for posting this Carlos! That was a great meeting. Maybe we should keep this ongoing.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’ll take photos of the June meeting and post them. We shall see how the folks here react to all the stuff on display at a typical meeting.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yeah! It's gonna blow them away! Maybe some of them might even come!

Thanks Carlos!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool guys!! Keep em coming. I wish I had the time to go to my local IPMS meetings.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I will in June. May is a build nite, no contest or display of finished work.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:I will in June. May is a build nite, no contest or display of finished work.

Maybe but we can get shots of everyone working on something and some of the projects everyone is doing. I'll be bringing my camera to that.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds like a good idea Mark. I’m gonna skip the build nite. 4am comes real quick the next morning for work. Last Saturday I was hurting at work. Only got about 4 hours of sleep. No more hanging out for the auctions and awards anymore for me.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Understandable. I'm right there with you.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Shows, Contests and Recogition”