Pasadena Valleycon

Tell us about upcoming shows, contests and events. If you participate and get some recognition, tell us about it! Show pictures are welcome.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Pasadena Valleycon

Post by Duke Maddog »

Tomorrow March 1st, I will be spending my birthday attending and competing in Pasadena's Vallleycon, put on by the Pasadena Modelers Society. I am bringing around 23 models to enter and quite a birthday cash pile to spend. I know I'll be locked for fifth place in all my categories but by golly I'm going to have fun and hopefully find some great deals to give myself some good birthday presents.

Bruce, I know you are local enough to come and I'm formally inviting you. It would really make my birthday if I could finally meet you and show you around. Regardless, I'm bringing the Hellcat you asked me to build for you and I'm entering it. Afterward, if you can make it, you'll be able to finally take it home with you.

Hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to post the pics I plan on taking here in this Thread so stay tuned and have a great weekend.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Pasadena Valleycon

Post by Medicman71 »

Good luck bro!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Best of luck Duke!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Knock ‘em dead Mark! Wish I could go myself. But tomorrow is my last Sunday at work.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks guys! I did have a fantastic day; I spent it at the Pasadena Valleycon where I won a Bronze for one of my ships in the 1/700 scale ships category. I also scored five raffle prizes; almost all of which will be offered for sale since none are in my preferred scale. I did score a number of fantastic deals on stuff I wanted and other stuff that caught my eye; as soon as I can find time to take the pics I'll post them all.

Overall it was a fantastic show. The host club even gave me a Birthday present from the unclaimed Raffle prizes!

I did forget my camera so when I can get the pics removed from my phone to post here I will. I also need to take pics of my latest acquisitions too....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Congratulations! Sounds like a fun day. Been a long time since I made it to a show.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Glad you had a great birthday!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Congrats Duke!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

You forgot the camera?! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Whatcha got for sale? :whistle:

Congrats on the Bronze in the ship division. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Did Bruce show?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bravo Mark! Which ship of yours won Bronze?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Shows, Contests and Recogition”