Modelzona 2021 Photos

Tell us about upcoming shows, contests and events. If you participate and get some recognition, tell us about it! Show pictures are welcome.
Stikpusher

Modelzona 2021 Photos

Post by Stikpusher »

So this past weekend on Saturday the 6th was Modelzona, IPMS Phoenix’s annual model event. It was held in a church gym in Mesa, and was truly a sight to see. There were 504 entries in all categories, from individual figures, to large dioramas. I only took a few photos of some of the entries, but I gotta say, there sure were some fabulous models to be seen!

So, without further ado, I’ll start with Figures and Sci Fi. There were lots more entries in these categories, but these items caught my eye for one reason or another…

More to come… stay tuned!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Re: Modelzona 2021

Post by Stikpusher »

Here are some of the aircraft entries:

1/32 Scale

1/72 small Jets

Biplanes, all scales

1/48 aircraft (yes that BUFF is 1/48!)

again, this is just some of the entries in those categories…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Continuing with the show, I’ll move to armor & cars. I didn’t take many photos there, although there were a LOT of entries in both categories…

Cars (a very small sampling)

1/35 armor

I feel bad now that I did not take more photos in these areas… but then again I skipped over ships completely… sorry…

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And lastly we have dioramas… plus an oops on my part as the gaming figures that I’m leading off with were in the figures section, not the dioramas, but the way that I uploaded them to my hosting account boned that up…

and last but not least, the one that no one expected…

Enjoy

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Modelzona 2021 Photos

Post by KSaarni »

Wouh, great pictures, great show !

And yes, perhaps time to "update" your avatar picture ! :giggles:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It was a mighty fine show, especially when coupled with the bargains that I found for sale!

But as far as the avatar goes… :ballbat:

:tease:

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! I think he was suggesting using the pic of the model instead of the one you have! LOL! :giggles:

I like it either way!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh I know… if the shading was better blended, I would sure consider it. :wink:

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Some outstanding work there, Carlos. The bar looks pretty high to qualify for an award. The Wright Patterson Mustang looks mighty fine, and a good use for the Hobbycraft kit.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

John, it was indeed a tough crowd there. Some fabulous looking models. Although I do think that the club brass is a bit biased towards aircraft. One of those Skyraiders won the contest Vietnam “Theme” award, but to my eye, they were nowhere near as good as that Marine M48 in the vignette. The M48 did win for best armor, but again, I think the M48 really caught the “spirit” of the war.

That Hobbycraft Mustang was very nice, but the NMF was way too rough. The builder needed to smooth it out. But that one won an award also. Now that F-82… wow! It won a very well deserved award. My photo really don’t do that build justice. It was gorgeous!!!

FLSM

Return to “Shows, Contests and Recogition”