Do we have a Trophy Case?

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
Stikpusher

Re: Do we have a Trophy Case?

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Congrats to you Mark! Well done!

Having seen your bridgelayer in person, I can say that the award is well deserved.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Duke Maddog wrote:Well, here is my first win for 2019. This was a small contest at a local Hobby Shop called Airfix Con. I took Second Place in 1/72-1/76 Scale Armor with my Churchill Bridgelayer:

Hopefully I'll get more as the year moves on.
Congratulations Mark! Good goin' buddy. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Way to go, Mark!! That is always good for what ails ya.....Looks great.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Duke Maddog wrote:Well, here is my first win for 2019. This was a small contest at a local Hobby Shop called Airfix Con. I took Second Place in 1/72-1/76 Scale Armor with my Churchill Bridgelayer:

Hopefully I'll get more as the year moves on.
WOUH!

Congratulations Duke !!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Congrats Mark!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks guys! It really does feel great to add another one to the trophy case. Hopefully he won't be alone in there this year.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I have no doubt that by the end of the year, he will have plenty of company. Speaking of which, did you go to Sprue Fest, and if so, how did you do there?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I still say that you should have entered that Churchill last nite for the Airfix theme at IPMS. :hmm:

But on the other hand the Advanced Division was very full last nite, and the Airfix theme entries in all divisions were aplenty... a true target rich environment. :headslap: Whould have thunk that Airfix was THAT popular?

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:I have no doubt that by the end of the year, he will have plenty of company. Speaking of which, did you go to Sprue Fest, and if so, how did you do there?
Carlos, I took 14 models to Spruefest and got skunked all around. The competition there was some of the stiffest I have ever seen. I saved Joseph Rocamura from being disqualified there and because of that he placed twice. I stood no chance. I hope I can do better at Valleycon, but that is also a tough contest.

I was tempted to add the bridgelayer to the contest but as you said; it was a target rich environment and I'd brought my award from the Military Hobbies contest so it looked better on the display tables.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Member Recognition”