Do we have a Trophy Case?

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Do we have a Trophy Case?

Post by Duke Maddog »

Today I went with several of my friends down to San Diego for their Model Expo. I took only seven models again this time and was ribbed for it again. When asked "Why so few?" I simply told them I can't afford the "Deliduka surcharge". (this is when a model club charges for extra models beyond a certain number)

I did help judge and had a great time. When the dust settled though, I had won two comic books and two sets of Modelkasten 1/35th scale Panther tracks (one for early Panther and one for late Panther) in the raffle.

In the contest itself, they had a split: "Wheeled Vehicles 1/72 and Smaller" and Tracked Vehicles 1/72 and Smaller". I took a Third Place in each...

Third Place, Wheeled Vehicles, 1/72 Scale and Smaller: Mack Tank Transporter with FT-17 Tank.

Third Place, Tracked Vehicles, 1/72 Scale and Smaller: JGSDF Type 10 MBT with Dozer Blade.

Third Place, Space and Sci-Fi, All Scales and Types: Finemolds Y-wing Fighter.

Competition was stiff, so winning these to me is a major, major accomplishment given the extreme talent I was up against. Not only that, but San Diego IPMS is very stringent on their judging; being as close to IPMS National standards as possible; making their contest one of the most challenging ones in Southern California next to Orangecon itself. This is cream on the already sweet experience of attending that show.

Anyway, I don't win often or much, so this is a big deal for me so I hope you all don't mind me popping this up.

I'll try to have more pics up later of the show and it's entries. I didn't get too many since my battery started running low two-thirds of the way through the show.
Last edited by Duke Maddog on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Do we have a Trophy Case?

Post by Thomas_M »

Why should be worry you showing your well deserved prizes? :guitar:
I have no idea about IPMS or whatever strict rules, but I know a great build when I see it. Those are! :shoutout:
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

:bow: :bow: congrats!
ImageImageImageImageImage
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Congratulations, Duke!
Well deserved prices you've earned there.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Well done Duke and The Best Congratulations!

Can only agree to previous ones, of course this kind of succesfull awards and prizes should be shared here!

The Mack with the tank is just so good looking!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thirdl place? Hrumpf. But I kid. You do great work and should be proud of this. Three wind from seven entries is pretty special. Pround of you pal.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks guys! I appreciate it very much. These are really special for me and I am very stoked at having been awarded them.

Thanks again guys!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Third place?! I'd take third place than none anytime. Congrats on the wins buddy. You deserved them! Be proud!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: Great job to you Mark! Very well done on those wins! :yipee:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

nicely done! :dancing:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others

Return to “Member Recognition”