Ceaser's Plans for the future.

To discuss future builds, build planning for the future, time travel, etc. Our meeting next week was well attended.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Ceaser's Plans for the future.

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

So I was playing with the metal xtreme from AK. I love how it lays down, and it takes next to nothing to cover a surface. They have this blue metallic in their line along with a purple. Watching a few videos about them, I saw that their blue and purple are super nice colours. Then I thought, you know what would look really cool in a metallic blue (but completely ignore realism and any sense of historical accuracy)?
A corsair in metallic blue. Just why not??
So I am going to get a corsair, paint it metallic blue and maybe make it a racing corsair. Kinda like a nascar... for the sky... in WW2.

Also, on my list of hopeful projects, are the following:
ISS Discovery (in black)
USS Enterprise A (ST: Beyond)
Panavia Tornado (Gulf War scheme)
SEPECAT Jaguar (Gulf War Scheme)
Harrier (litterly any version)
Some 1/48 Spitfire (I don't actually own one... what kind of a modeler am I?)
HMCS Sackville

So I have a bit to think about, and then there are all the projects that kind of happen in between. Y'know, where you go to the LHS looking for one paint, and come home with three kits kinda deal.

I feel that mojo comin' back. Yee haw!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Re: Ceaser's Plans for the future.

Post by Stikpusher »

Good for you Declan! I like the idea of the racer planes. You could go a step further and do that with some late war Axis types… a racer Fw-190D or Ki-100… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hmm late war aircraft could be cool too! For an FW190 I would do a gloss black maybe. With gold numbers and such... Anything Japanese would be a British Racing Green. Thanks for the ideas!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh a racer Hawker Tempest in British Racing Green would be a natural… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

:headslap: Duh shoulda thought that first.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Now that is gonna rock! I saw where someone had applied a coat of metallic purple, red and yellow to a P-51 racer some time back.

Bring them on Declan!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

You'll certainly need some Ferrari red Macchis! Maybe a Veltro or Folgore? :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh yeah! Now you’re talking! A Ferrari Red racer Veltro… :hmm:

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Someone say Nascar? I'm here!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Flying NASCAR

FLSM

Return to “Future Builds”