Studio Scale 1:24 X-Wing

To discuss future builds, build planning for the future, time travel, etc. Our meeting next week was well attended.
mostrich
Admin

Re: Studio Scale 1:24 X-Wing

Post by mostrich »

Bruce, you never fail to amaze us. The pool of creative and interesting people you're connected to seems bottomless.
This is one of the coolest projects I've ever seen on any forum. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that's awesome! To get a kit of the original X-wing molds? I so can't wait to see this!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

keavdog wrote:That is a pretty cool story right there. Sure hope it works out for you (and us) :popcorn:
Thanks! I hope this works out, too. I’ll be in touch with Scott tomorrow afternoon to find out if he received the resin for the project.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

mostrich wrote:Bruce, you never fail to amaze us. The pool of creative and interesting people you're connected to seems bottomless.
This is one of the coolest projects I've ever seen on any forum. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Torben! Thank you, sir! I’m excited to begin, anxiously awaiting more news tomorrow about the casting process itself. We find so much model building inspiration in those first Star Wars films. I mean, who knew? The model makers didn’t, at least as far as the story goes. They just were a bunch of college grads sleeping on couches, sniffing glue and cutting old military model kits into little pieces. Totally relatable. Also blowing up models. Very, very relatable.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

speedgraflex wrote:Totally relatable. Also blowing up models. Very, very relatable.
Ooooh yessss! :mrgreen:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Welcome back Bruce! You have been missed! As Carlos said, I'm very envious of your friendships with the incredible people that I'd always wanted to meet. Wow, I'm always on the fringe, knowing someone who knows someone I want to know! Oh well, I'll continue to live vicariously through you while I watch you build this magnificent masterpiece!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Medicman71 wrote:Man that's awesome! To get a kit of the original X-wing molds? I so can't wait to see this!!
Mike! I’ve been waiting to see if the truck delivered the resin yesterday. Apologies for my late reply. I’m very excited to begin this project; I hope everything will work out with the casting.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke Maddog wrote:Welcome back Bruce! You have been missed! As Carlos said, I'm very envious of your friendships with the incredible people that I'd always wanted to meet. Wow, I'm always on the fringe, knowing someone who knows someone I want to know! Oh well, I'll continue to live vicariously through you while I watch you build this magnificent masterpiece!
Duke, Duke, Duke! You are too kind. You have achieved so much more than I within your chosen scale, and have the kind of multiple purpose skill set many modelers would and should envy. I think in the model building circles you are a man of many talents. I’m always impressed by your tenacity. It’s one area in life that seems to be hit or miss within me.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Gents,

Pours were a success, I’m told. However, due to eyesight issues with Scott, looks like I will have to check the quality here and redo if anything is off.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

whoo hoo! great news
Thanks,
John

Return to “Future Builds”