BlackSheep214's F-16 Fighting Falcon Pair

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: BlackSheep214's F-16 Fighting Falcon Pair

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stuart wrote:Another great finish Tom! That scheme is very striking!
Very striking indeed. When I first saw this kit, I had to have it. Didn’t know they had one in 1/48 scale until I looked in scalemates earlier tonight.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That turned out very sharp! I do like the colors a LOT! Very well done Tom! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That is a beautiful scheme! Excellent job on this one
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Great work on the Vipers!! Yeah that tank on Viper #2 is all kinds of wrong.

My question is, does Italeri make anything that's decent?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote:My question is, does Italeri make anything that's decent?
Yes they do. Plenty of their 1/35 armor and soft skin kits are decent to good. And some of their aircraft as well as ships. But it’s been ages since I’ve built a kit of theirs in either of those subject areas.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Medic, glad to hear that I'm not the only one that noticed it. That's why I want to get the same kit in 1/48 scale. This was my first Italeri kit I've done.

Prior to gluing the center belly tank, I test fitted it first. That's when I immediately noticed it. I looked at the box cover and photos online. Sure enough, that's exactly where it's suppose to be. That was not the case with this kit. If I push it back toward the rear to clear it, the tail end of the tank interferes with the tailhook. I knew right away there was something was way off wrong.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

TOTALLY missed both of these completions!! :shocked: Very nicely done on both builds Tom!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: Really like the scheme on Viper #2!!!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Most impressive Tom! Despite the issues, you've made some very attractive and unique models. Way to go man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:
Medicman71 wrote:My question is, does Italeri make anything that's decent?
Yes they do. Plenty of their 1/35 armor and soft skin kits are decent to good. And some of their aircraft as well as ships. But it’s been ages since I’ve built a kit of theirs in either of those subject areas.
I was under the impression that their small scale jets and helicopters where quite well regarded - I've not build one in ages.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Having built almost all the 1/72 scale Italeri helicopters, I can attest that they are excellent models. Fit is good and they have great details. Sometimes their canopies give you a fight, but overall they are excellent kits.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”