Maddog Manufacturing 2020 Production

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stikpusher

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2020 Production

Post by Stikpusher »

As always, quite the progress report Mark! :shocked: So much good stuff to see in one place, and not more of the same old, same old. Man that Anatov is one giant kit! Too bad you can’t pose it with the nose open and those BTRs rolling out when it’s all done.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great stuff Mark, that AN is very impressive!

Those dozer tracks do indeed look great!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Lyle, it is a big enchilada indeed. How do you 'eat it? One bite at a time! :giggles: I've considered using styrene strips, but I found an easier way was to cement some styrene plates to the back of the nose overlapping the seams so that when I glued the nose on, the putty had some backing to it to hold onto and wouldn't be wasted dripping down inside the fuselage. It was easier that trying to glue strips in the gaps (some of which were curved) with a JB weld or similar glue.

As for the wheel assemblies; you just might be right!

Thanks Medic! I can't wait to get the AN -124 finished!!

Thanks Kevin! Yeah, that An-124 is a monster indeed. I'm still wondering how I'm going to do the final assembly of wings to this.

Thanks Carlos! I'm glad to have a good variety of builds going. It does help keep the mojo alive. Awesome replies like everyone's here also gives me a big boost. Yeah, I would have loved to have the nose of the An-124 able to swing open, but the interior would have been too big a challenge for me to build and insert inside that thing. If I could've; I'd have had it unloading two SCUD launchers!

Thanks Stuart! I do love those dozer tracks. Thank you Takom for making them so easy to build yet look so incredibly good!

Thanks again everyone for the fantastic replies!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Continuing with the Shelf Queen theme, I pulled out another one of them to work on. This is the very old Sheridan tank I started in the far distant past. I had lost the driver's periscope piece and so this had been sitting on my shelf for years; maybe a decade by now. I then noticed I had a second unopened Sheridan in the pile so I opened it up and continued on with this, first adding that missing piece:

Later I added the turret to this and any other additional parts it needed. This is now pretty much ready for paint:

Next up were a couple 'quick builds' from S-Model, starting with the M-5 Stuart. There are two kits of this tank in the box so one will be a US Army one and the other will be a French tank. Basic assembly was quite fast:

Then I added all the extra bits and bobs to bring this up to the paint stage:

Now I just have to do the second one. Should be fairly fast.

Another S-Model 'quick build' vehicle I started was this turreted M-113. Basic assembly once again was quite fast:

That is a resin hatch included in this kit that this version uses. The turret was also a resin set that I had to build:

A few more detail parts and this will be ready for paint as well:

Moving on, I started the two Chieftain tanks in the Mk.10/Mk.11 box. I only assembled the lower hull tubs. I also cemented all the pairs of wheels and sprockets together so I can install them all at once, but I didn't shoot pics of them:

Since I'd started the Chieftain Mk. 10 and Mk.11; it was only right that I do the Chieftain Mk. 5 too. So, I assembled the lower hull tub and all the wheels for this:

Looks the same. That's because it is.

So, to try and keep better track of which goes to what, I added the upper hull to the Chieftain Mk.5:

Yes, I removed that sprue inside because I assembled the basic turret with the gun and dry-fit that onto this tank:

Wow, these look so much better than the ancient Airfix 1/76 scale kit!

Now, the Chieftain Mk.5 also came with the FV-432 APC, so I had to start that as well. Again, lower hull tub first:

I later added the three upper hull parts to this:

Yeah, these are looking great!

Finally, at least in my armor; I brought my D-9 Dozer forward a bit more. First I assembled the rear assembly and installed it on the main body of this:

You can see the assembled dozer blade in front of this too. Next, I added the mounting arms and linkages for the blade and got it installed. I also started the interior with the driver and co-driver seat as well as some other detail parts:

Here's a better shot of the rear assembly on this:

Looks like a trench digger. I don't know though.

And finally, getting back to Shelf Queens, I decided it was time to finish this one. For those who forgot that I also build ships, here is the 1/700 scale JMSDF Izumo carrier that I started some many many months ago. What stopped me for all this time was that I was at the P/E stage and didn't want to deal with it. Well, I took this to our mini-Hobby Day and buckled down to get this done.

First I did the main mast and added the P/E rails to the island:

That's gonna take some doing painting that mast. I also figure I'll have to semi-drybrush the rails to bring them closer to the grey of the rest of the ship.

I then got started on the surrounding rail of the sponsons and deck edge. I only got one side mostly done before it was time to pack up and leave:

Yeah, they are a bit hard to see in that pic. Trust me, they are there. You'll also notice that I have blue tape underneath the P/E sprue. That is because the attachment points for these parts are so delicate that some of them are falling off the sprue before I can get to them. So, I added the tape to one side and taped them back in place until I need them.

I do hope to do more on this ship soon. I want it done. Until then, take care and thanks for looking in. Comments are always welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice update Mark! Of all the current batch, I’m really liking the Dozer the most. All the rest are looking cool too. Is that the Airfix Sheridan that was sidelined?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Carlos! I'm having a blast with that dozer as well. What fun! yes, that is the sidelined Airfix Sheridan that has been waiting for me for several years now. Time to get it done.

Thanks again for the compliments!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Very cool! I built a bunch of those when I was in high school. Painted ‘em all up in MERDC fall temperate camo. How are you gonna paint yours?

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sorry Mark I thought I'd commented on this the other day... :headslap:

Great builds as always and I really like that dozer as well. I'm very impressed with the amount of detail they pack into these small scales kits these days.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool Mark!! That dozer and the carrier are really cool. :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks again Carlos! That is so cool. I was actually planning to do a solid green color on the Sheridan, but now that you mention it; a MERDC scheme sounds interesting... :hmm:

No apologies needed Stuart! I appreciate you stopping in and commenting. I am also thrilled with all the detail they're giving us in these small kits.

Thanks Mike! Hopefully I get more done soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”