The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, I'll start by offering a warning that the following pics are gonna be large, so please have patience. I left them large to hopefully allow for more detail to be seen. They show up small in the preview so you can click on them to get the full sized pics.

Ever since I'd broken the 800-model milestone; I've been wanting to bring my entire collection of Braille Scale Armor down to our Hobby Day Hall and set it up for pictures and display. That would also allow me to add all the armor models I'd finished since the last time I'd set this up in Chattanooga. So, this past weekend, I had that opportunity and was able to keep the collection on display for three days. I gotta say, it sure felt fantastic to see this whole collection all set out on the tables!

One good friend also recommended that, as I set up each army or group of armies; I take pics of each one. That was a great idea so, while setting up; I did that. I climbed a ladder to get these shots of all these to make sure I got the best view of all of them as possible. You'll also see that I placed my national flags next to each one like I did in Phoenix and Chattanooga. But first, I wanted to take a shot of all the models I'd finished since Chattanooga. I set them out with the national flags next to each group so I could more easily integrate them into the collection as I was setting up. Here they are on my staging table:

Now that you've seen them, here are the individual pics of each army or group of armies going from largest to the smaller ones. Before that, I'll post this pic of all the current German Railroad subjects I currently have finished, This was set up on a 1 foot by 8 foot table:

After this, I set up everything else on eight foot tables except for the Middle Eastern Armies as you'll see later.

This next pic shows my entire German Army:

Following that is my Russian Army which slightly edged out my United States Army in number of models. You can see the Russian railroad models here too:

Here is my United States Army and Marines:

This pic contains my British Army along with their Commonwealth members; the two Swedish tanks, the French Army, Italian Army and Japanese Army. I included the Japanese here because the Japanese Army is still a bit too small for it's own table. It was easiest to just add it to these European armies since there was sufficient room on the table:

And finally, on a six foot table, I have my Middle Eastern Armies which include the Egyptian Army, Syrian Army, Iraqi Army, one Indian tank, and the Israeli Army:

Now that you've seen all these armies individually, here they are all together. This is what eight hundred and seven armor models looks like all set up on tables:

When it came to that pic above, I extended the ladder as high as I could. Believe me, I couldn't get any higher to shoot this pic or I would have been bumping my head on the ceiling!

Here's another angle shot from the ground:

And there you have it: photographs of my latest milestone. It's been a long and fun road and so many of you have been exceptionally motivating along the trip. I'm thrilled to have traveled it with you. Hopefully it won't take long till I break a thousand that will be a sight to see!

Thanks all for looking in. I hope you enjoyed the show.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Re: The Duke's Motor Pool in 2021

Post by LyleW »

That is impressive! Wow! Amazing!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mark, why so light on Canadian armor! Eh? Those are tiny for the most part.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Great collection, Duke. Maybe someday I can see it in person.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Mark, that is one mighty impressive set up! Congrats to you on such a comprehensive collection!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Lyle thanks! I'm glad you like it. Believe me, I would love to build up my Canadian forces; I just have a serious lack of decals for them. Not to mention a slim selection to choose from. Most of it would be WWII, but that would really build them up. It's the decals that aren't there. Also, nobody does a MEXAS in my scale or I'd have that one in there.

Thanks John! I would have loved to have you come see it. I don't know how far Anaheim is from you, but next time I bring this out, I'll try to give you notice so you can come down and check it out. Don't worry, it'll be awhile. :giggles:

Carlos thanks! Yeah, it's pretty comprehensive, but setting everything out like this helps me to see which armies I can work on expanding a bit more. Like Lyle said, I want some more Canadians. Personally I was very surprised at how big my Japanese Army had become!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, I’ll bet there are Canadian decals out there. And there are some strictly Canadian subjects like the Ram tank and Ram Kangaroo. Plenty of Korean War, Cold War, and ISAF stuff to be done as well. Shermans, Centurions, Leopards, 6 Wheel LAVs.
I’ll see what I can turn up for ya. I need some Canadian AFVs for my collection as well. My RCAF has its representation.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Here is what Scalemates has listed for 1/72 Canadian stuff...

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q ... 1:00072%22

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Wow Duke that is impressive. After all this mess of Covid19 passes I'd love to come up and see it next time you have the collection out.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Wow Duke that is impressive. After all this mess of Covid19 passes I'd love to come up and see it next time you have the collection out.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.

Return to “Member's Gallery”