Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Post by Stuart »

You're a machine Mark - I really don't know how you manage to mix Quantity AND Quality - they all look awesome!

I'm really looking forward to seeing that AN in decals and great repair on that A400M's nose.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that An-124 looks great! Nice work on the paint.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart! I don't know how I do it either. I just focus on doing the best I can on what I'm working on until I have ot wait till paint or glue dries, then I move on and do the same thing to the next model. I also want to see the Antonov in decals. Man, that will bring me so much closer to being done!

Thanks Medic! It might not be the straightest it can be, but it is 'good enough'!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Here is a small update showing my latest efforts to bring a couple more items over the finish line before July.

First off, I rigged the Diamond T wrecker with regular thread since I know that won't melt under glue! Now to find a couple hooks to add to the ends so I can finish this:

Next: There IS a God! With His help, I found the impossibly small ammo box that went missing from my Nagmasho't kit! So, I pulled out the one I removed and installed them both. Finally this is truly done:

Moving on, I had a few more steps to do on my Sho't Meteor. First was the turret. The version I wanted to do required a plate be added to both sides of the turret. There was a template on the instruction sheet, but how to make a plate from that? Then it hit me: clear plastic! I found a sheet of thick clear plastic and cut out two plates to match the template. I cemented them on the turret using Gator's Grip Glue:

Later they got painted, glossed and decaled:

Next I had to add the wheels and tracks to this. That went fairly fast, although the adjustments to line these up took longer than the installation:

Yes, it says "Meteor" on the bottom. I had planned on building the Sho't Kal Alef alongside this so I wrote that to keep from confusing which hull was for which tank. Turns out I didn't need to. Best plans and all that....

I then glued the two halves of the tracks together using black tire glue:

When they were dry, I tried installing them and naturally, I broke the idler wheel when trying to thread it through under the fender:

The other side went on fine though... of course:

Later when the idler dried in place, I was finally able to finish the tracks on the other side:

Finally, here she is all dressed up in her skirt and shoes:

Later I finished this up completely. You can see it in the finished armor forums.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I knew that ammo can would turn up! It was only a question of when… :hmm: Looks,li,e you’re gonna have some more completions in the next few days. Keep on rolling’ Mark! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! I am thrilled that box turned up! And your prediction was very close!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

It's always great when missing parts turn up!

Some great looking build Mark - I really like all this British armour you're building.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart! Yes it is thrilling to find missing parts!

I do have two more British Centurions in the stash; I'm thinking it might be time to get them started too since I've already built these two. There are quite a few I'm looking to get started on, but I do want to move forward on some more of my aircraft; especially the bigger ones.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yeah man you need to get them done so we can see them!

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I am trying so hard, but both the Antonov and the A-400 are fighting me hard. I don't have the time to express the number of times I had to touch up paint, sand and re-apply the clearcoat and even replace a messed up decal on my Antonov. Then there's the wheels on the A-400 I've had to fix again for the nineteenth time, just for adding the landing gear doors and then painting it grey!

More when I can get something done worth posting. Stay tuned.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member's Gallery”