Dragon's M4A4 Sherman w/60lb. Rocket

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Dragon's M4A4 Sherman w/60lb. Rocket

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm.... looks like I'm gonna have to do some salvaging somewhere somehow...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Get an old secondhand Italeri or Tamiya Sherman kit for the fittings. The early Dragon Sherman kits were all based off the Italeri kits and have a common sprue or two. Or whatever else you can find secondhand and cheap. The rocket rail is a bit of a different problem. Maybe you can scratch a new one from strip styrene.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

The rocket bracket won't be a problem. The kit had extra sprues including extra track sprues in the box. Unfortunately not for the missing part I need. I may look into doing that instead. I know a place or two that carries cheap kits.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Finishing this one is not gonna happen. Two nights go, somehow I managed to completely destroy this kit. Main hull and turrent fell out of box as I was bringing it down with hopes to resume it and accidentally stepped on it while trying to catch it. No worries, I’m not all upset over it since it was a Dragon kit that had fought me for some time.
At least now I got a excuse to find a nice Tamiya Sherman tank instead. :whistle: :lashed:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Or you can really treat yourself and get a Tasca/Asuka Sherman, the Cadillac of 1/35 Sherman’s. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Read through this thread from the beginning, Tom. Sometimes things happen for a reason; and it is a full moon somewhere or going to be one soon (if you believe in that sort of thing). Glad you are taking such a positive approach! All the best!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well Tom, it is always sad when a kit commits suicide by falling under one's feet. But like you said; on the flip side now you can get a real kit that will help you build it!

Looking forward to seeing that! :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear about the tank.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah... the Dragon kit has been fighting me - especially those *&$#@% individual track links. In a way, I’m kinda glad I won’t have to fight it again putting them on the Sherman.

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”