Airfix 1/72 Spitfire MK1A

Post your completed aircraft here.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: Airfix 1/72 Spitfire MK1A

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks lads!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Very nice Spitfire build! I have to ask... what's up with the extra large US insignia?
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thank you,
As for the insignia, I am pretty sure it was off a 1/48 scale decal sheet. Not accurate at all, but it was what I had and I thought it looked close enough to the part.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Ok, gotcha! I was just wondering if the markings reflected a real aircraft but it's the result of using 1/48 scale decals on a 1/72 scale kit.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

It is actually from War Thunder, the paint scheme and insignia combination were on a teammates aircraft, and I liked it so much I put it on my own spit, then made a model of it.

Return to “Completed Builds”