1/72 Focke Wulf 190

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: 1/72 Focke Wulf 190

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Bish wrote:Nice work on this so far. The usual colour for ordanance intended to be underslung would be RLM 65, but period photo's show some Bv 246 with a darker sheme on top.
Thanks,
I think I am actually going to mix my own paints and go for what looks good. I have never been one for accuracy (sorry guys...) I prefer to build what pleases my eyes. However, knowing the general idea of colours is great, so thanks for the info!
Medicman71 wrote:It looks good to me, but I don't have much knowledge in German aircraft. Like the others said, I wouldn't worry about it when not much is going to be seen anyway.
Thank you Medicman, you have more knowledge than me about these things by default.
True, the canopy is pretty thick so even if you COULD see it, the canopy blurs it anyway.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Okay so I have made a decision, (which is never easy) the paint scheme I am doing is fictional. I recently watched Man in the High Castle, and I really enjoyed it. So I decided to make this FW190 a Nazi American plane. Using a blend of some camos I saw, and I made my current scheme. The colours are "wrong" but again, its fictional so please keep that in mind.
I want to use this on the aircraft somewhere, maybe in place of the Luftwaffe symbols.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I truly enjoyed watching “Man in the High Castle”. Good stuff! I’m curious to see how your American Reich FW-190 will look…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Here is my work so far:
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I have a lot of line cleaning to do, but thats the basic idea. I though using the red white and blue would be kind of a Nazi middle finger to the USA by using their colours on a Luftwaffe aircraft.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Now that's cool! Have to resume watching it. Stopped somewhere in the 2nd series a couple of years ago.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Great idea for the American Reich bird. Coming along well so far Declan.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I think I only watched a couple of episodes, but it's a neat idea. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thank you all, I plan to get it done today or tomorrow.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”