The Duke's Last Armor for 2021

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Last Armor for 2021

Post by Duke Maddog »

Finally, I can post the last armor I finished for this year. I actually completed six new models.

I'll start with this pig of a kit; the Galaxy Hobbies M-1240 M-ATV. This beast fought me the whole time, so it's not as good as it could've been. I'm just so tired of dealing with it that I added all the last pieces; gave it a rough dusting and called it done:

Next up is my ACE 1/72 scale French AMX VCI personnel carrier. I'm not as thrilled with this as I hoped to be, but it looks good enough. My French Army has now taken delivery of this:

Image'

Following that are my two Aoshima 1/72 scale Japanese personnel carriers. I didn't weather these with any dusting or anything; I just liked them the way they look now. They were cleaned up for a parade; that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I may do it later, but who knows?

This first one is the Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC A, used by the regular army:

...followed by the Japanese Type 96 Wheeled APC B, used by the Rapid Deployment Force:

Essentially the main difference besides internal stuff is the -A model has the M-19 grenade launcher and the -B model has a Ma Deuce. Also, the main commander's hatch when opened has that lift up glass enclosure on both vehicles. That is why one has it and the other doesn't; I wanted to show the hatch both opened and closed.

Moving on again, I completed my ACE 1/72 scale Italian B1T Centauro. I'm not too sure what the difference is in the B1T over the B-1, but someone said one was longer for some reason. Anyway, here it is:

Finally, my sixth armor model for this week is my ACE 1/72 scale Israeli Centurion Sho't Kal Alef. I am quite happy with this one and thrilled to have another Centurion variant in my Israeli Army:

And there they are, my last armor completed in 2021. Now to go post my year end review.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke's Last Armor for 2021

Post by Stikpusher »

Six completions before the end of the year? That’s almost a whole years production for me! Very well done Mark! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Where does this put your armor count now?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

That's a lot of great output,nice stuff.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice work Mark!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Carlos! These six were part of eight in total that I finished just in the last week. This brings my armor count to 835 now.

Tony thanks! It sure felt good being able to finish these instead of rolling them into the new year!

Thank you Mike!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”