Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-Boat

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-Boat

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Duke Maddog wrote:Yep! Been there done that! Still, looking at this now; I would have called it done after adding any additional parts to it that are needed to finish it off.
I agree! Not sure what else it really needs other than a christening.
Looks fantastic.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Thank you for all your comments and support, it was not for nothing, I buckled down today and got quite a bit done on this and have it almost finished. I finished the weathering, the navigation lights, drybrushed the wooden deck section, and gave it a bit of a general cleanup to sharpen up the weathering and in a couple of instances I removed some of the weathering effects and am happy with where it is at. I also cut the brass mounting rods and marked out the position for them on the base and drilled the base for the rods.

The model is just set in place on the base, it still needs dull coat and some other details attended to, but it is now very close. I am excited to see this finished now and so I can get on to the next project!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: looking better and better!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Fantastic work! Looks like this is about to cross the line! Bring it home man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

It is getting there, before leaving for work today I hit it with a coat of Dullcote, painted the periscope lens with Tamiya Clear Blue, and the snorkel basked silver. Also glued on the prop. So, yeah, coming along nicely I think.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow! That looks incredible!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”