Help in Halifax

Any WW2 era ship in any scale involved in conflict at sea; Allies or Axis, Atlantic or Pacific.
Aftermarket / PE enhancement will be allowed
Any kit started is allowed as long it's not within the final stages of the build - 20% done or less. Crossovers re allowed.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Help in Halifax (whoops)

Post by Floki »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:I dropped it.
RIP The Sackville. Mast is gone, perhaps it will be okay.
That always sucks to drop a model you have put so much time and effort into. I hope you can save it, if anything set it aside for a few days then come back to it.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Help in Halifax

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm.... maybe seek a replacement or aftermarket mast? Wait a few days, you’d be surprise where it shows up. Just watch your step so not to snap underfoot.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Stikpusher wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Can you scratch build a new one?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Oh probably. I just don't want to :giggles:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Sooooo is it too late to post again on this? After I got stuck on my Impala, I needed something to do. I picked this back up. I'm missing so many parts at this point. The mast was never found, and I lost the prop and rudder. But i did make unnecessary railings out of string and wire. Is it accurate? No, but I don't do accuracy very well. I also changed the color to the modern colors they have painted on it. The porthole windows are drilled out too now. I'll fill them with canopy glue after all is done.
Upon looking at these pictures, it's not easy to see my white railings on my white boat.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good. Rigging is pain aren't they? :giggles:
As far as the railings go, most are either chain or thick wire cable. Looks good enough to me. At least you got her done. Well done Declan - even if it's not up to your liking. Believe me, we've all been there - myself included.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

well done! railings suck. . . but then again, so does most intricate, detail work these days. Keep after it!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “World War II at Sea GB”