The Children of Doom

Or, The Shelf of Doom. Since most of us intend to finish these someday....well, you know.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: The Children of Doom

Post by Duke Maddog »

I also have a couple cats and I have not had them ever attempt to jump on my shelves or knock down any models. Mine seem so well behaved compared to some of the experiences you guys have had. Anyway...

Get that beastie done Carlos! Once I finish a couple more models, I'll be starting my own Russian arms build up thanks to this magnificent model...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice Carlos!!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys.

Tom, I’m with you on looking forward to getting some dirt on this beast!

Mark, between this last cat, and another male cat that we used to have who like to “spray” in my garage work area marking his territory, in spite of being fixed, in addition to his high ground antics on my shelves, we are done with cats in our home. :nono: But I’m glad to hear that this T-72 is inspiring you to build more Russian armor. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This afternoon I spent mixing up some concoctions of pigments and then adding some water to slather the stuff on for a nice muddy look. I’m not too keen on the shade, but it looks okay.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looks great! Man I really like the looks of this tank - super low profile.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John. The T-72 may be a death trap on the battlefield, but it sure does look pretty badass.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, I finally got all the parts glued where they should be. And most everything painted properly. Just need one more weathering session and then
paint and add the crew figures whenever they arrive.

But after at least 18 years, this thing is at the finish line…

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Worth the wait. That looks fantastic :shoutout:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Good looking target Stik. Isn't the turret supposed to be 15 yds away upside down :lashed:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

tempestjohnny wrote:Good looking target Stik. Isn't the turret supposed to be 15 yds away upside down :lashed:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Shelf of Someday”